Chapter 7

Someone wrote this song before

Homage by Mild High Club

After finding the posters, y/n was told to stay inside the castle for a few days

After finding the posters, y/n was told to stay inside the castle for a few days. And little did they know, it would be the most boring few days of their life.

Paimon had been insisting that y/n should at least try to find something to do in the castle, but it was no use.

"Come on, y/n. Paimon will even let you try cooking, or maybe we can eat snacks?" Paimon said, trying her best to cheer the devastated person up.

"Paimon why are your only ideas about food" they scribbled before chucking the ink pen at the fairy.

Before Paimon could respond, they stood up and walked to their room and returned holding the bag of herbs that they bought back in Mondstadt.

They picked up the pen once again and wrote, "I want to try making some more medicine. It is useless now, but it could be helpful at some point"

Paimon then watched as y/n mashed and boiled different herbs. To Paimon, it seemed as if y/n could do it with their eyes closed. Each movement seemed practiced and precise.

Paimon was able to taste test and help a little, but even though she got to eat something, watching y/n was much more mesmerising.

After what seemed like hundreds of medicines tried, the door flicked open to reveal Lumine and Aether carrying stacks of papers.

"We're back!" Lumine called out and walked up the short flight of stairs before dropping the stack on the table.

"Good evening you two." Aether said, following the actions of his sister and placing the stack beside hers.

"Good news, we collected all the posters in Liyue and Mondstadt. Yet, we probably need to find a way to slightly shift your appearance. There's gonna be some people who will still recognize you." Aether continued as he browsed around the vials and cups of mixtures y/n had been making.