Chapter 23

Give me your, give me your,give me your attention baby

give me your attention baby

Treasure by Bruno Mars

Y/n was hunched over a table with many, many books piled upon the table

Y/n was hunched over a table with many, many books piled upon the table. Lisa was babbling nonsense about wizards, herbs, magic, what she was to eat for lunch that day, her schedule. All this left y/n in despair as they had to wait for their friend to stop her nonsense, or their blond friend to enter and stop her himself.

And the latter was exactly what happened.

The door to the library creaked open and out came the familiar face of the one and only Aether. The boy stared over the balcony of the book cramped room and watched over the two, one seemingly losing brain cells by the second, and the other running her mouth about the most unimportant speech.

"Hey, Lisa. I'd appreciate it if you didn't talk my friend's ears off." Aether called towards the librarian, who stopped talking. "Oh! Cutie, you've finally arrived." The brown haired woman said softly as her eyes met the ones of the boy. Y/n perked up at this, and found themself staring at Aether, now content.

"So, did you look into it? The curse, I mean." Aether asked, finding his way towards the table the duo were at and sitting beside the now upright y/n. "It only took about a minute.." The woman said gently, watching Aether with a smirk. "It sounds a bit cheesy, but I feel Signora wanted a little bit of romance to make herself feel better."

"Romance?"

"Precisely," The female responded. Y/n groaned at that.

She continued, "Finding true love is what will make this curse go away." Lisa cooed, cupping the face of y/n who only shook their head in annoyance. "Aether, I'd be glad to take your place and help my darling out." Lisa offered, to which Aether only responded by grabbing her wrist, and dragging her hand away from the individual's face. "I'm sure I won't be needing help with that." The blond responded dryly.

Lisa looked towards Aether with a look of focus, like she was trying to decipher what he was thinking. "Cutie," she started, holding eye contact with him, "you knew what kind of curse this was already. And how to break it, didn't you?" Aether lowered his head, and looked towards y/n. They seemed to be lost in thought, still processing the whole "I need to find my true love or else I won't be able to speak for the rest of my life," situation.