Chapter 19

No squealingremember that it's all in your head

No squealing
remember that it's all in your head.

Clint Eastwood by Gorillaz

The sound of wind cutting faster than light alarmed

The sound of wind cutting faster than light alarmed. Aether, holding his chest, felt as if being thrown around by anemo itself would at least put a little bit of air in his lungs, yet as he continued to push forward the burning in his chest multiplied.

Scaramouche seemed as if he was in a certain zone, every move calculated and precise, moving quickly to create gashes and cuts across the blonds aching body.

With another groan, Aether stood up off his feet and positioned himself in a fighting stance once again. The confidence loss slowly getting to him, he realized that maybe he wouldn't be able to save y/n.

"This duel has become quite boring, traveller." The Balladeer scoffed, sending a quick gust of anemo towards Aether.

The similarity to a bullet was terrifyingly accurate, and to the blond boy's unfortune, he was too tired to dodge and felt what could only be described as a warm stinging in his shoulder.

His head hazy, he stumbled backwards and slowly faced the gash in his shoulder. Aether only grunted, and used his left hand to cover the wound.

"What are you going to earn from this, Scaramouche?" Aether panted, and shakily held his sword up once again.

"Entertainment." The purple-headed male cackled.

The Balladeer then created what seemed like a ring of anemo around him and charged quickly towards the traveller. In the small fraction of the moment, Aether had watched as The Balladeer flung slashes of anemo towards the blond, sending him flying backwards.

Pain, with each hit, he tumbled over his feet and collided with the ground. He was too tired from sprinting around the palace that he knew for a fact that he was unable to push himself any farther.

The Balladeer walked towards Aether with harmonious clicking of his steps. When he stopped, he glared downwards with a glaze not unlike a cat's, and slowly yet gracefully raised his arm up above Aether. Anemo grew in a ball tightly and he felt the wind picking up around the concentrated area.