Chapter 12

My love, my love, love, love (La la la la)

Breezeblocks by alt-J

After walking for around an hour, Aether had convinced Signora to make a platform using her delusion

After walking for around an hour, Aether had convinced Signora to make a platform using her delusion. Aether then used his anemo to make the ice float, and carry them towards the castle.

"I just don't understand why I couldn't make the platform thingy." Lumine grumbled, glaring at La Signora.

"And why does she need to come as well? Wouldn't she make some big evil plot."

"Lumine's right, I don't think I could ever forgive her for anything." Y/n wrote angrily, shoving their book in the blond boy's face.

"I know it might seem bad right now, but wouldn't it be easier if La Signora's platform brought us halfway across Snezhnaya, and you one out of geo to get the rest of the way to Mondstadt?" Aether asked.

Silence. Pure silence.

"NO. I COULD DO IT ALL, THAT BITCH HAS NO REASON TO BE HERE. YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT Y/N HAS TO DEAL WITH AS WELL BECAUSE OF HER? TRAUMA, AETHER. THAT'S TRAUMA." Lumine yelled toward her brother, gesturing to each person.

Aether didn't respond after that, and instead faced the other way, dangling his feet off the ice platform. Lumine did the same, except on the opposite side of the rectangle. Y/n stared at the two after the short argument, and sat criss-crossed in the middle.

For a long time, everything was silent. Y/n doodled across an empty page on their notebook, while Signora fiddled with her fingers or looked out towards the view.

If it weren't for the twin's fight and Signora being Signora, it would be very peaceful.

La Signora was brought out of her small trance when she felt a rather aggressive poke on her shoulder.

"Get rid of my curse." written into a book was the first thing she saw when she faced y/n.

"What?" She scoffed, glaring at the book.

Y/n slapped the sentence on the book repeatedly, until Signora stopped them.

"I know what you mean, but there's no way I'm breaking your curse." She stated while flicking their forehead causing them to flinch.

Y/n angrily scribbled in their book and turned it around to Signora, "Why not?? If you're gonna stay with us at least let me talk again."

"It's not that I don't want to, but I can't. I wasn't told how to uncurse people." she grumbled.

"Well why'd you kill my family then?" y/n wrote quickly, feeling a wave of nausea flow over them at the memory.

"I was ordered by The Tsaritsa to. Same with cursing you. I didn't have a choice, so don't blame me-" the blonde said.

"You still did it though." Lumine spoke up, interrupting the conversation.

"Don't interrupt me."

"Whatcha you gonna do about it? Cry?"

"Oh would both of you shut it." Aether whispered to them, then turned back around to look at the view.

Silence flooded the ice platform once again leaving y/n bored again. While walking, Aether said that it could take about a day and a half to get back to the castle, so they knew it'd be like this for a while.

So, instead of sitting and waiting around all day, y/n decided to speak with one of the twins.

They crawled across the platform and sat beside Aether, dangling their feet off the edge. Looking over it gave them butterflies, but they tried not to think about how high they really were.

"Hey, y/n." Aether smiled gently at the e/c eyed person sitting beside him.

They waved at him and wrote down in their notebook, trying to start a conversation.

"It's pretty cold up here, isn't it?"

He laughed to himself and nodded at your question, "It is. When it's night we can start a fire on the ground and rest."

"Speaking of night.." He whispered, gazing toward him.

Y/n was confused about what he was talking about, until slowly from out of the clouds emerged a golden light. It illuminated the mountains and ground below them, causing y/n to gasp at the sight.

Aether chuckled at their reaction, and the two of them watched as the golden hour printed itself everywhere. Creating a mesmerising sight.

Y/n grinned and turned to Aether, yet was stopped when they looked at the wizard. And once again, that feeling from when they spoke that night washed over them.

They recognized not a wizard, but a young troubled boy. A boy who was lit by the golden hour. A boy who seemed to calm at the sight of the setting sun. A boy who created a peaceful image for anyone to watch.

And that anyone turned out to be y/n.

"Uh, y/n? Are you alright?" He smiled softly at them, snapping y/n out of their trance.

"yes, sorry. I zoned out."

"Just admiring my looks, hm?" He said, as a shit eating grin formed across his face.

"no I wasn't, I just zoned out. not that you're like unattractive, you are attractive but y'know I didn't mean that and I just zoned out sorry ae" they wrote quickly yet stopped.

They blankly stared at the page as Aether started laughing while looking at the page they gave up on writing. Frustrated and embarrassed, they ripped the page out of the book and threw it at Aether. Sadly he caught it before it was blown away by the wind, and folded it up.

Watching him tuck it in his pocket, y/n glared at the blond boy. Suddenly, he stood up and the wind around them got more intense. Y/n waited for what he was doing, until the platform started descending.

Y/n sucked in a quick breath as they tightly gripped onto the edge of the platform, getting butterflies from the fall. The cold wind flew past their face leaving them to shiver even more. However, Aether was able to slowly bring the ice platform on the ground, letting the butterflies y/n was feeling subside.

A relaxing rest was just what they all needed after the eventful day.