Chapter 9

One last kissI love you like a statuette

One last kiss
I love you like a statuette

I Love You Like An Alcoholic by The Taxpayers

Standing in the freezing cold, y/n and Lumine stared around at the city they had walked out into

Standing in the freezing cold, y/n and Lumine stared around at the city they had walked out into. For a nation that was known for its harm, the landscape around them was gorgeous with lights filling the snowy sky and people dressed in warm clothes walking about the area.

"Honestly, my brother is so stupid. Anyways, I believe the castle is this way." she stated and pointed.

Y/n nodded and the two of them made their way through the snow towards whatever direction Lumine thought was right.

By a few minutes, they were freezing. Ice water felt like it was flooding their boots and the wind was blowing as if it was trying to freeze them stuck.

Y/n blew into their gloves and Lumine hid her face deeper into her scarf.

"Jeez why's it gotta be so cold.." She whispered and shivered.

Y/n was only able to shrug in response and they kept walking towards Lumine's directions.

-

After walking for what felt like days, yet was merely an hour, they were stopped when they felt a warm pressure emit around them.

"What the hell." Lumine spoke quietly, as she turned and raised her head.

"What a coincidence. The Lumine and.." The somewhat familiar voice spoke loudly.

'OH MY GOSH NOT THIS BIT-' Y/n's eyes widened and they threw their hands up to their hat. 'Maybe if I just don't look in her direction, she won't notice I exist. If I don't see her, she won't see me.'

They were shaking. Not just from the cold, but from the woman. The woman that cursed them. The woman that killed their family. The witch who turned their life into a living hell.

Y/n trembled, yet gave Lumine a nervous glance alerting the blonde.

"This is my apprentice. My brother has asked me to train them and they have the mission of being my guard today." She smiled towards the woman who only scoffed at her.