Chapter 16

I've rejected affectionfor years and years

for years and years

Valentine by Laufey

As the sun set in the distance, y/n and Aether's conversations emerged quickly into happy tales and jokes

Though it might have seemed like Aether was just talking to himself, the interaction happening between the two was real, and felt magical.

"I knew someone who enjoyed this cliff a lot. You'd know him as that pretty famous bard." The blond boy started, munching into an apple.

"You mean Venti? I never knew."

"I'm sure you'll get to see him again."

The silence stretched on for a bit longer. Yet it was a comfortable silence.

"Will everything be ok? Like with the fatui." y/n suddenly wrote in their book and faced it towards the boy.

He swallowed his bite, and stared at the curious person beside him. Almost as if he was lost in thought, he shook his head quickly and answered their question, "Things are.. difficult. But everything will be fine soon."

Y/n caught on when Aether started fidgeting with his hands, so they decided not to make him uncomfortable with the topic any longer.

-

"You should have brought me~ That could've been so fun!" Lumine squealed, sitting at the edge of y/n's bed.

After the sun set in the distance, the two decided to head back home. Upon entering, y/n was engulfed in questions by the blonde girl, and dragged to their bedroom by Lumine to talk about what they did, which is how they ended up here.

"We only did small things though. Me and you could try doing something else again together." Y/n suggested, placing the notebook beside them.

A comfortable silence swept between the two as y/n got up to water the plants and herbs around their bedroom. The soft humming coming from their mouth and the cozy environment was enough to lull anyone into a comfortable slumber, but Lumine had too much roaming her mind.