Chapter 8

But if you're too drunk to driveand the music is right

and the music is right

Lovers Rock by TV Girl

Y/n had finished making breakfast and gave both Lumine and Paimon their portions

Y/n had finished making breakfast and gave both Lumine and Paimon their portions. After placing their own down, they walked upstairs and towards Aether's room.

They knocked and opened the door slightly to see Aether in his usual clothes and his hair back in a braid. He turned his head over to y/n and smiled lightly at them. They smiled back and walked over to his desk where they placed down the plate.

It was just a few simple chocolate chip pancakes, but the face he made when he saw them was priceless to the l/n. He picked up the fork and tried it, making his face light up even more.

"Wow! Y/n you make them even better than my sister." He said after swallowing.

They nodded as a thank you before grabbing their ink pen and book.

"How is everything you're working on coming along?"

His smile faltered for a moment before he turned towards the paperwork once again and spoke, "I have mostly everything complete, however the situation with the Tsaritsa isn't going the smoothest."

"For starters, I don't want to help her at all but with the problems and wars she may start it'll be inevitable." He continued, "I don't even know if she knows you're staying with us either, which could be a bigger problem if she finds out since you're a wanted person."

"If that wasn't the case, I'd help you out." They wrote and smiled, before taking the empty cups on his nightstand from last night.

They walked towards the door and went to open it but were beaten to it when Aether opened the door for them. They smiled at him and he followed y/n out the door.

As they walked down the steps, he spoke up, "Thanks for last night. It was nice being with you at that time."

They nodded their head in response before being stopped when Paimon started yelling. "EW EW EW, KEEP THAT TO YOURSELF." She yelled, and hid behind Lumine who was staring at the two as if they just committed a murder.

"LUMINE WE HAD A CONVERSATION." He yelled and ran towards the blonde girl.

She responded by throwing a pancake in his face, "Can't believe we left you two alone for the night and you do.. that."

"No. Lumi, we talked and drank tea." He tried to explain but was stopped when she threw another pancake at him.

Y/n giggled quietly while putting the dishes away. With a light blush, they wrote in their notebook, "It's true. Paimon told me he wasn't sleeping so I brought him an extra cup of tea I made."

Lumine stopped beating Aether with food and turned to y/n before smiling at them and squishing their cheeks.

"Oh~ I believe you n/n. I know you wouldn't do that with my idiot brother." The blonde girl smiled as she continued to squish their cheeks.

"Then why did you beat me with food-" Aether started but was cut off when Lumine turned slowly towards the boy and raised another pancake.

"Shut up. I'm older by five minutes, I've seen the world longer than you, I know more than you. SHUSH." And ending that, she threw another pancake at his face before squishing y/n's cheeks once again.

He sighed and took the pancake off of his face. "Anyways. I wanted to ask if you'd do me a favour, Lumine."

Lumine was going to insult him again, but realised his tone sounded a lot more serious.

"What's up?" She answered, slightly confused.

"We both know I should not help the Tsaritsa, but if I face her myself who knows what would happen. So, I decided that you could help by going to her castle and persuading her into changing her mind about me." He explained.

"Are you sure it'll work?" Lumine asked.

"99%."

"Alright. W-" She started but was cut off by him again.

"Oh, and y/n will be joining you as our guard" This made y/n jump and scribble in their notebook.

"Why me?? And didn't you guys tell me not to leave the castle?"

"Yes, but I can't be there and I'm for sure not trusting Paimon." He responded.

They sighed in defeat before noticing Aether walk up to them.

"I'll shift your outfit slightly so people won't recognize you immediately." He said quietly, before y/n felt a huge gust of wind fly at them.

They stumbled back a bit, but Aether grabbed their hand to not let them fall. After the wind stopped, they looked at their outfit to see a formal yet casual winter outfit, and a large hat to cover most of their head.

He smiled at y/n for a moment before walking towards the door and calling for Paimon. She flew over to him and she disappeared with a poof of stars.

Aether created another wind current, but this one stronger. More intense. The wind kept blowing and flying towards the doorknob. The fire went out, and Lumine held on to y/n.

Stars similar to the once left by Paimon started spinning around the handle and the wind started to get even stronger. And just as fast as it came, the wind disappeared.

"There we go! A door to Snezhnaya~" He called out, leaving y/n shocked and Lumine about to throw a pancake again.

"TELL US BEFORE YOU DO THAT!" Lumine yelled at him and threw the pancake towards him. Yet, before it reached him Paimon poofed back next to him and was immediately greeted by a pancake to the face.

"Hey!" She yelled, "Paimon does not think this is a good way to greet her. But she'll take the food.."

"Well, you guys should be off. Though I will be watching you guys in disguise, be careful." Aether chirped and opened the door to be met with a freezing breeze.

"It's so cold.." Y/n wrote and shivered.

"That's Snezhnaya for you.." Lumine said before stepping out into the cold.

Y/n followed quickly before Aether waved at the two of them and shut the door.