Chapter 28

I thought that I was dreamin'when you said you love meIvy by Frank Ocean

when you said you love me
Ivy by Frank Ocean

I thought that I was dreamin'when you said you love meIvy by Frank Ocean

An obnoxious noise rang through y/n's ears, not unlike a gong. Instead of being a physical noise, it was the headache-inducing pound of their head. The constant rhythm of it made them suck in a shaky breath and grasp a cut-up hand on their forehead.

The stinging feeling of open scratches burned under the light rain. Y/n groaned in response and fluttered their eyes open with furrowed eyebrows. They breathed quickly to ignore the constant pain shooting up practically every bone in their body and instead moved their eyes across the landscape around them. Thankfully, it seemed like they were on a large mound of shrubs and bushes, alleviating the possibility of multiple broken bones.

Ah, the fall.

They squinted their eyes to recall the situation, taking notice of the many scraps of metal surrounding the ground they lay on. An exasperated sigh escaped y/n's lips, before they shut their eyes, too tired to move—or do anything. The pain in their body didn't help either, the constant feeling of stinging bones and tight muscles worried them, but it wasn't so bad as to feel like a death sentence.

They were tired, drained, exhausted. The calm pattern of rain hitting metal, their unsteady breaths, the rustling of the trees, and the whistle of the wind filled their ears, lulling them into a deep sleep.

"I don't want to get up." They thought, imagining the peace of falling asleep and ignoring the stinging pain across their body. As the rain slowed, so did their breathing as they calmed their body, getting used to the aching feeling.

Y/n groaned and opened their eyes once more, using a slightly bruised arm to push themself up on the muddy bush and rubbed their eyes with grimy palms. They sat there silently for a moment, hoping the slightest bit of motivation could push them forward.

Hoping didn't help much, but their thoughts did. It hit them like a bullet and immediately their heart sank. Bile grew in y/n's throat and they stood up shakily, catching their breath as they got up on two—heavily sore—knees. Burying their face into their palms to wipe the dirtied rainwater across their muddied cheeks thoughts of Aether crashing into the ground flooded their mind.