Chp.26 | Needing his Help

A/N (IMPORTANT): hey, so as you know, my updates have been super bad lately (busy with school and stuff)! I recommend rereading the story so you don't forget any of the events that happened.

-

Xiao and Venti haven't spoken since that day. It's been exactly 4 days since. Honestly, Xiao had regretted a lot. He felt so guilty, and honestly, he didn't even know what he did wrong.

Maybe he shouldn't have gone with Hisso's plan, I mean, it was wrong of him? He really wasn't even sure what Hisso's plan meant. He was told to just talk to her and ask about the confession, why was Venti so mad at that?

Xiao wasn't sure, and he felt bad for not knowing. Extremely bad. Honestly, the two had been through a lot of feelings together. Hatred, sadness, frustration, happiness, longing. You name it.

But it felt like an emotion was somehow missing.

-

He wanted to get help from someone that actually knew Venti. He knew the other wouldn't talk to him if he had no plan at all, it was just way too awkward. Well, awkward for Venti.

Maybe he should try to talk to one of Venti's friends about it? Although, he was kind of scared of them. He didn't even know if they'd want to talk to him. What would he do if he was just ignored completely?

It's whatever. Worth a try, at least.

So, the next day, Xiao had waited outside of class at the end of the day looking for someone particular. And  look of relief was on Xiao's face as he seen ginger colored hair moving from out the door.

"Childe." He called. He'd taken special effort to learn the others name before speaking to him.

Childe seemed to pause for a moment, turning his attention towards Xiao,"Yes?"

"Can we speak?"

Childe stayed silent before answering,"Alright."

-

It wasn't a big deal, so why was Xiao so nervous? He seemed tense. "We live in the same area. Let's walk home." Childe smiled as he spoke.

Xiao only nodded as they walked out the door. He didn't even know there was a surprised stare fixated on them from behind as they left.

-

There was a few moments of silence, before Childe broke it. "So, what did you want to talk about?"

"You're friends with Venti, right?"

Childe nodded his head yes.

"Him and I got into an argument, and now he won't talk to me." Xiao stated. Despite is mind going ramped, he looked completely nonchalant about this situation. It was kind of odd to Childe.

Even though Childe had never really spoken to Xiao before, it was apparent that he was pretty much a loser despite his popularity. He was introverted, flinched every time someone rose their voice or looked at him the wrong way, and to top it off, he was obviously gay.

He couldn't believe Venti had seen past all of these things. He usually hated weak people like this. "I can help."

Childe didn't know much about Xiao, let alone the reason why he flinched like that; but he was agreeing because maybe he could get a kick out of this.

He laughed to himself slightly. "How about we go to your house to talk about it more?" Childe proposed.

"No. My mom doesn't want people over." Xiao uttered in a monotone sounding voice.