Chapter 2: Snake

When I saw the swordsman I knew he was challenging me. But no matter. I knew I would win anyways. The swordsman had blue hair and a sword, but he would be no match for my RPG and missile launcher. Besides, we were in a place with green lava and black floors that were held together with pink strands, so we had equal knowledge of the terrain, which equaled zero. I lunged at the swordsman and hit him with my fists before rolling on the ground behind him while he took a fall. The swordsman landed on his back and quickly got up.

"Guess that wasn't enough for you, huh? Surrender now so I don't have to kick your sorry butt." I said, sneering.

"The Hero-King of Altea never surrenders!" The swordsman said, brandishing his sword. Fine then. I thought and charged again. This time the swordsman hit me with his sword and I saw a red trail of light before he hit me once, twice, three more times. I flew backward and landed hard on my stomach. I growled and got up as fast as I could. I did a feet sweep and knocked the swordsman off his feet. The swordsman fell on his back again and cried out. I got up and the swordsman followed suit.

"Who are you?" I demanded. I seriously needed to know.

"Marth, Hero-King of.."

"Yeah, yeah, 'Hero-King of Altea' and all that crap." I cut in, then kicked him away. The swordsman landed on his feet.

"And who are you?" Marth asked.

"Snake. Solid Snake" I said.

"Well, Snake, how about we cut out this fighting and work together, huh?" Marth asked.

"Why should I?" I asked, sneering.

"Because we face a common enemy, don't we? The Dark Legion." Marth said.

"So? You just tried to knock me into that stinking lava." I said. Marth sighed.

"Yes, but. I thought that you were trying to attack me." he said.

"Well, the feeling is mutual. Tell me, Marth, why are you here?"

"You see, Snake, I am here to find the Dark Legion member that resides here. I was separated from my friends when we came to this dimension known as Brinstar. Now then, will you assist me in my adventure to find my friends?" Marth asked me. I considered everything he said.

"Okay, but I'm in charge, okay?" I said, and Marth nodded. We hopped to the main platform and saw Bowser and Wario, accompanied by Dark Pit!

"Oh, man." Marth said from behind me. I leaped to the roof and saw a hole in it.

"Okay, this is the plan: we go down there and we kick butt. Ready?" I asked Marth, who nodded and drew his sword. We leaped down and landed in front of the trio.

"What a great surprise! It's Marth and Solid Snake!" Dark Pit said, an evil grin on his face. How does he know me?! I thought.

"You shut up!" Marth said, and charged. I ran at Bowser and rolled, sending Bowser off his feet. Bowser recovered and jumped into the air and tried to smash me under his rump, but I dodged the attack and fired a missile from my missile launcher. The missile hit Bowser and exploded, and Bowser fell to the ground. I started charging my Smash attack and pulled out my RPG. Bowser got up and I released a fully charged Smash attack, the RPG hitting the ground in front of Bowser. Bowser went flying and burst a hole in the wall before flying out of the main platform.

"Bowser's down!" I yelled, turning to Marth, who sent Wario flying out of the platform in the same fashion. Dark Pit growled and charged, his Electro Shock arm on. Marth went in a defensive stance, blocked the attack, and struck back, sending Dark Pit flying away.

"C'mon!" I shouted at Marth.

"Okay!" Marth said, and we leaped to the roof. A portal was not too far away from our position, and Marth pointed at the portal.

"That's the portal to my team! We must go through!" Marth said. I nodded.

"If it means getting out of this crazy excuse of a dimension, then I'm all in." I said. We ran and jumped. I didn't quite make it through on my mid-air jump, so I used my Cypher to get some extra air. I went through the portal and all I saw was white.