Chapter 10: Zero Suit Samus

I slowly trudged across the seemingly never-ending desert, trying to look for that stupid Dark Legion Fortress so I could get my Power Suit back. However, I did not come very prepared...escaping a Dark Legion Fortress when running on pure adrenaline tends to make you not think so straight. But I knew there was a valley up ahead, with a beautiful waterfall and a village. I'd find some help there. I saw a Glunder up ahead, rolling along the desert. I charged at it and kneed it, adding force to the blow with my jet boots. Then, I shot my Paralyzer at the Glunder, stunning it. I used a quick Smash attack, and the Glunder exploded. I flew back a little, but otherwise okay. I started walking again, and I saw what seemed like a hole and water up ahead about a hundred yards away. Don't think about water. I thought, It's just a mirage. The Chozo taught me how to deal with that. As I kept going, though, the mirage didn't fade away. I'm going crazy! I thought, and kept going. When I got to the hole, I saw that I was wrong...the hole and water wasn't a mirage, it was the valley I had seen earlier! I jumped down the cliff and plummeted to the ground. I activated my jet boots, and safely landed on the ground before deactivating them again. I walked to the village and saw a person dressed in white, a small sword on his or her backside, and had his or her face wrapped in a white bandage, with only the eyes and some blonde hair showing.

"Excuse me." I rasped, surprised at the sound of my voice. I continued. "Can you please get me some water?" I asked, and the person nodded. I sat down on the nearby rock and waited for the person to come back. Soon, the person came back with some water. I opened the cap and drank, and my throat felt a lot better.

"Thank you." I said.

"What is your name?" The person asked.

"Samus, what's yours?" I asked.

"I am Sheik, one of the last surviving Sheikas." The person said.

"Okay then, Sheik, do you know where the Dark Legion Fortress is form here?"

"As a matter of fact, I do. How about we go together?" Sheik asked me.

"Fine with me, as long as you can take care of yourself." I said. Sheik laughed.

"Oh, I am plenty capable of doing that, Samus."

"Oh, yeah? How about you show me your moves." I challenged.

"She will-in a battle!" An evil voice said from behind. I turned.

"Ganondorf!" Sheik cried. Ganondorf laughed.

"You can't fool me, Sheik. I know who you are...Princess Zelda!" Ganondorf yelled. Sheik growled.

"You are not welcome here." She said, clutching her fist.

"Too bad." Ganondorf said. He charged, and Sheik did the same. I ran after Sheik, determined to help. Sheik flipped up and hit Ganondorf with her heel before rebounding off of him, landing behind me. That was a great move! I thought.

"Go, Samus!" She yelled as Ganondorf lunged for me. I charged my Paralyzer and shot, and Ganondorf froze in place, sunned for the moment. I ran next to him and did a quick side Smash attack, and Ganondorf crashed onto the bridge. Sheik leaped over me and threw a handful of needles at Ganondorf, which Ganondorf was hit by all of them. Blood started to trickle down his arm, and he growled. I jumped into the air, and shot down to the ground, kicking the bridge. The bridge collapsed, and Ganondorf and I started to fall to the pit below. I quickly used my whip, which attached itself to the edge of the other side of the bridge before pulling me up. I grabbed the edge and pulled myself up to solid ground. Ganondorf fell onto a small tree root, landing hard. He stood up, then double-jumped back to solid ground as well.