Chapter 21: Luigi

I looked down; the ground was coming up fast. I clenched my eyes shut and used my Super Jump Punch move, and slowly dropped to the ground. I let out a breath, and the fear along with it. That was close. I thought, And scary! I shuddered. I remembered about Evil Luigi, and quickly snapped my head up. Sure enough, there he was, bent on my destruction. Why can't this guy ever leave me alone?! I thought, and stood up. I looked up again, Evil Luigi was getting closer. Shoot..! I thought, and sprinted ahead. I got about thirty yards away from the building when Evil Luigi landed with a wha-boom! Don't look back, just keep running... I thought, and continued sprinting.

"Don't try to get away from me!" Evil Luigi said, his voice suddenly very clear. I turned, and there he was, grinning evilly! Fear crept through me and I sprinted even harder.

"Just go away!" I shouted.

"Not a chance, Luigi! You're coming with Tabuu and I to Subspace!" Evil Luigi shouted. Subspace?! The name sounds creepy... I thought, fear now overtaking my body. "C'mere!" Evil Luigi yelled, and drop-kicked my back. I faceplanted onto the ground, but scrambled back up. I turned to face Evil Luigi.

"You're starting to get annoying, you know that?" I said, and started to charge up a Green Missile. Please be super powerful this time! I need this to hurt him! I pleaded, hoping the warrior inside of me would hear that, if I even had one.

"Bah! Don't start that with me!" Evil Luigi said, and charged. I thought to myself that the Green Missile would be fully charged by now and launched myself forward. Flames erupted around me and I head-butted Evil Luigi in the stomach. Time seemed to slow down at that moment, as if my brain was savoring this moment of success, as there wasn't too many of them. Yesss! I thought to myself, and time sped up to it's normal speed just as Evil Luigi was launched back and I hit the ground on my side. I scrambled back up just in time to see Evil Luigi stand back up. This guy just won't go down! I thought. Evil Luigi lunged at me, but I quickly used my Luigi Cyclone attack, which blew him back again. Evil Luigi landed on his feet, however, and shot a dark energy ball at me. I dodged the blast and charged at Evil Luigi, despite my body-filled fear's complaints. I tried to hit Evil Luigi with a dash attack, but he blocked the move and grabbed me. "Have a nice trip!" He shouted, and threw me towards the building. I landed hard on my back but quickly got back up.

"Can't you just leave me alone?!" I yelled, and jumped over him.

"Get back here!" Evil Luigi shouted as I started to run again. I sprinted as hard as I could, but when I looked back, Evil Luigi was behind me again. My fear-filled head told me to keep running, but instead I leaped behind Evil Luigi and used my Super Jump Punch move. Evil Luigi flew high into the air, and I took the opportunity and continued running away.

"Haha! I did it!" I said aloud. Suddenly I felt pain in my head, and I faceplanted again. I stood up slowly to find Evil Luigi huffing and puffing.

"I'm done with your stupid games..!" Evil Luigi shouted, and I felt a pain-filled grab. I looked down, dark energy fingers were wrapped around me. He created a giant hand and grabbed me?! I thought in amazement. Evil Luigi directed the hand and pulled me in so that way we were face to face. I started to sweat with fear, and gulped.

"W-what are you going to d-d-do with me?" I asked.

"Why, I'm going to take you to the Dark Legion Headquarters, that's what." Evil Luigi said. Fear overtook me again and I started struggling to get out. "It's useless! You can't get free." Evil Luigi shouted. Suddenly, and idea popped into my head. I smirked at Evil Luigi.

"Oh, yeah?" I said, and shot a green fireball at his face. The fireball landed, and Evil Luigi dropped me. I stood back up while Evil Luigi was reeling, taking note that the dark energy arm was gone, and ran for my life.

"Get back here, you green coward!" Evil Luigi shouted from behind me.

"You're wearing green, too, you know!" I shouted back at him.

"Shut up!" Evil Luigi said, and suddenly he was in front of me again. Evil Luigi shot a dark energy ball at my face, and it hit it's intended target. I flew back, but then Evil Luigi was under me and launched me up with a Super Jump Punch. I floated for awhile, face to the sky. It was sort of peaceful, despite what was going on. Oh, I'm about halfway up the hundred story building. I thought as I looked to the side. I looked up again, relishing the quiet.  Evil Luigi appeared above me, however, and ruined the tranquility with a down air attack that sent me plummeting to the ground. Shoot...I'm gonna die! I thought, and shut my eyes tight. I suddenly stopped falling, however, as Evil Luigi had a hold of me, hoisting me over him.  "Tabuu said to keep you alive." Evil Luigi said, and slammed me to the ground. He put a foot on my chest. "So I will...barely. Lights out, Luigi." A white-gloved fist connected with my face, and then I saw nothing more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I awoke slowly to a dark place. I looked down; the ground was mushy and purple. Is this Subspace like Evil Luigi said he was taking me? I thought, hardly thinking straight. I stood up with difficulty, and looked around. Nobody's here... weird. Guess I should just look around and see if I can find anyone. I started limping, until I came to the bottom of the hill, where I stopped to catch my breath.

"Luigi!" Mario's voice called, though it sounded far away. I turned, and there he was, at the top of the hill  with everyone else that Evil Luigi attack when he was possessing me.

"Weapons ready!" Link shouted, and my eyes widened.

"No! Wait-a just a minute!" Mario said, and Link slowly nodded. Mario walked over to me, slowly and cautiously. "Is it you, Luigi?" He whispered, and I nodded.

"I was being controlled by a dark energy copy of me! I forced him not to kill you, just wound you!" I said frantically, and Mario raised his hands.

"It's-a okay, it's-a okay. I-a believe you." Mario said, and extended his hand. I shook it, and Mario turned. "This is-a Luigi! He was-a being controlled by...uh...Luigi, who-a were you being controlled-a by?"

"He called himself Evil Luigi." I said. Link and the others came up to the point where they were behind Mario.

"How'd you get here?" Link asked.

"Evil Luigi brought me here." I replied.

"Are you going to hurt us again?" Lucas asked, cowering behind a man in a red headband. I shook my head.

"No, Lucas. I was just being controlled." I answered, "Oh, and who's this guy?" I asked, pointing to the man in the red headband.

"That's Ryu. He's a tough guy, let me tell you." Little Mac said.

Well, I'm not detecting any evil thoughts from Luigi. I think he's telling the truth. Mewtwo said to us telepathically.

"So...where are you guys going?" I asked.

"We're trying to find everyone else, if they're here. If we can't, we're going to try to find Tabuu." Marth said.

"Can I come with you guys?" Everyone seemed to ponder that.

"Well, Mewtwo did say he didn't detect any evil thoughts." Pit said.

"And Luigi said he was being controlled, which is believable, so..." Ness said, and then they all smiled.

"Yes!" They said, and laughed either out of relief or nervousness, I couldn't tell.

"So, have you seen anyone else?" Mega Man asked. Again, I shook my head.

"Nope, just you guys."

"Crud..." Pit said, but smiled anyway.

"Well, if we have any intention of finding your friends, we should leave." Ryu said. I nodded.

"Right." Link said, "Everyone! Let's go!" He shouted, and started to run. Finally, we might have a chance of beating Tabuu! I thought as everyone sprinted to catch up to him.