Chapter 13: Sonic

I knew that we were under attack by Wolf. The Wolfen ships gave it away, but Wolf was also leading a large fleet of unpiloted Wolfens, which worried me. Another blast rocked the control move of the Halberd, and I gripped the railing to prevent from falling.

"Meta Knight, are those Combo Cannons still working?" I shouted over the noise.

"I'm sorry, I can't answer that question while I'm TRYING TO SAVE OUR LIVES!" Meta Knight spat.

"Sir, approximately one-thousand Wolfens and a large transport ship is heading our way." Robin said.

"Great, now we have two-thousand Wolfens to take care of!" Meta Knight shouted.

"I've got this. I'm going up." I said, and started to climb the ladder to the top of the Halberd. I opened the hatch, climbed to the deck, and shut the hatch.

"Sonic! What are you doing up here?" I turned; it was Ike! I saw an incoming lazer heading towards Ike, and I pushed him out of the way. The lazer hit me, and I flew back a little. "Are you okay?" Ike asked, helping me up.

"Just a little hurt. I'm fine." I said, and pulled out a Smash Ball.

"Sonic, I know what you're going to do, so...good luck." Ike said, and I crushed the Smash Ball in my hand. Then, he ran to a Combo Cannon and took manual control of it.

"Super Sonic style!" I screamed, and the Chaos Emeralds surrounded me, turning me into Super Sonic. The Chaos Emeralds disappeared and I clenched my fist. Let's do this. I thought, and flew to the nearest Wolfen. I collided with the Wolfen, and it exploded on contact. Sweet! Let's do that instead of what I had planned! I thought, and started ramming into Wolfens. This continued for about five minutes until I noticed the large transport ship float above the Halberd deck. The ship dropped a huge, black-and-orange dragon. I flew to get a closer look, it was...Ridley!? Meta Knight can handle Wolf. I thought as I flew to the deck, and as I landed, I became Sonic again. Crap! I thought, This is going to make this hard! Then I remembered Ike. "Yo, Ike! I need your help!" I yelled, and Ike started to run to me.

"What's the-oh. Ridley. Riiight." Ike said, now noticing Ridley.

"I wonder if two will be enough..." I said.

"How about three?" A voice asked from behind. We turned around.

"Lucina?! Y-you're back! What are you doing here? Robin told me you left to the future!" Ike said.

"Yeah, well, my future will never change. But I can still change this future!" Lucina said, and drew her sword. "So, need help, huh?" She asked, pointing to Ridley. As if on cue, Ridley roared.

"That would be helpful." I said.

"Cool! Let's go!" She said, and charged.

"Always trying to look cool." Ike muttered, and charged. I could say the same to you, Ike. I thought, smiling. Ridley shot three fireballs at us, and then charged at us. I dodged a fireball and leaped on top of Ridley. Ridley roared, and spun around, throwing me in the air. Then, Ridley grabbed me, spun around, and thrusted me down onto the deck, and started to drag me across it. I can't move! I-I'm going to die... I thought, and closed my eyes. Suddenly, I heard Lucina scream, and Ridley let go of me and flew upward.

"Thanks." I gasped, and Lucina helped me up.

"No problem. Next time, be a bit less cocky." Lucina said, smirking.

"Oh, shut up." I said.

"Hey! Need some help here!"" Ike said, hitting Ridley back with his sword.

"Right!" Lucina said, and charged, her sword ready. I looked fiercely at Ridley, and started to charge my Spin Dash. When it was fully charged, I dashed forward and hit Ridley multiple times before going back to my normal form. Ridley snarled and roared loudly. Suddenly, a Wolfen lazer hit Ridley in the back, and Ridley stopped for a moment. Then, Ridley began to change into...Meta Ridley!

"W-we're dead..." Ike said, his sword starting to drop.

"No we're not! We can do this!" I said, a mischievous grin creeping onto my face.

"Oh, no. Sonic's got a plan." Lucina said.

"Okay, Ike, distract it. Lucina, I want you to aim for his stomach. I'll handle the rest. Ready? Go!" I said, and charged. Ike started shouting at Meta Ridley, and Lucina lunged for Ridley's stomach. Meanwhile, I scanned the Wolfens for Wolf's actual ship. Then, I saw it. I leaped to it and landed in front of the cockpit.

"What the-!?" Wolf said.

"Surprise, Wolfy! Mind if I borrow your Dark Cannon?" I said, ripping open the cockpit and grabbing it.

"Hey! I'll get you, Sonic!" Wolf screamed, but it was too late. I was already gone. I started charging the Dark Cannon on the deck of the Halberd, and when it was almost fully charged, I grinned.

"Hey, Lucina! Ike! Get out of the way!" I shouted, and fired the Dark Cannon. It hit Meta Ridley, and a bright white light filled my line of vision. Then, it was gone, and Meta Ridley's trophy was on the ground.

"Sonic! That...was...AWESOME!" Ike said, and gave me a high-five.

"Not bad, not bad." Lucina said, and gave me a high-five as well.

"Hey, can you cut this in half, Ike?" I asked, holding up the Dark Cannon.

"Yeah." Ike said, and sliced the Dark Cannon in half. I picked up the pieces and threw it overboard.

"Good decision." Lucina said, and I nodded.

"However, our battle isn't over." Ike said, pointing to the remaining Wolfens.

"Right! I got it!" I said.

"Hey, Sonic. Look." Ike said, pointing to a Smash Ball that had just appeared.

"Okay!" I said, and broke the Smash Ball. Once again, I turned into Super Sonic. I flew upward and started to collide with the Wolfens. When there was only one Wolfen left, I flew next to it. sure enough, it was Wolf's Wolfen.

"Hello again, Wolf! I remember you saying you'd get me?" I said, grinning.

"S-shut up! I can still..." Wolf started, but I picked Wolf up and threw him down to the long, long trip to the ground.

"Heh." I said, and flew back to the Halberd. I turned back to Sonic, grinning.

"Well done." Ike said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, none of that." I said, "But thanks."

"We should get back inside." Lucina said, and I nodded in agreement. When we were back inside, we were stopped by Meta Knight.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" Meta Knight said, turning around.

"Well, uh, we kinda saved our butts." Ike said. Meta Knight sighed.

"Great job out there. I saw everything." He said. "You are dismissed." Meta Knight told us, turning his attention back to the wheel. We walked out of the command room and into the elevator.

"Wow. Didn't see that coming." I said as the elevator door closed.

"I still can't believe it either." Lucina said.

"Ditto." Ike said. Suddenly, the trance was broken when the elevator dinged and the door slid open.

"Well, see ya later." I said.

"Wait! Sonic." Ike said, "Have you seen Luigi anywhere?"

"No, I haven't." I said, turning back around.

"Do you think he was killed when the Dark Legion came?" Lucina asked.

"No, he's dumb, but not that dumb." Ike said.

"Maybe he escaped." I said.

"Maybe..." Ike and Lucina said.

"Okay, we'll talk about this later! See ya!" I said, and sprinted to my room.