Chapter 20: Marth

I struggled in my tight bonds, knowing I had to get out. I looked to the right of me; my sword and sheath were on the floor. If only I could reach them... I thought, and sighed. Then, a thought came to me. The Dark Legion only wrapped rope around my legs and my elbow. If I could slip my hands free and then reach my sword to cut my legs free, I could free the others as well and escape...again. This escape thing is getting pretty tiring. I thought. I pulled my arms up and, sure enough, they slipped out of their bonds. I pulled the rope outward and slipped through. I started to fall to the ground, but I caught myself and extended both of my arms to break the fall. I reached for my sword and grabbed it, then cut off the rope from my feet. I let go of my sword and shot myself up with my arms and landed on my feet. You're too good, Falchion. I thought, and grabbed the scabbard and sword. I sheathed the Falchion and exited the room. Sure enough, and alarm sounded, but I wasn't about to let that stop me. Now, then...I wonder if this Airship has two different holding cells...

"Hey! Get back here!" A voice said from behind me. I turned, it was Dark Pit!

"You'll have to catch me first." I said smugly, then sprinted to the end of the hallway that emptied out into a larger room, where I would fight him.

"Don't you run from me, coward!" Dark Pit shouted, and started to run to me, nipping at my heels. I stopped running as soon as I was in the larger room and Dark Pit stopped as well, until we were both about ten yards away from each other. "You're pretty confident for someone who's about to lose." Dark Pit said, drawing his Silver Bow.

"I'd like to say the same to you." I said, drawing my sword. "How about this: if I beat you until you concede, you tell me where my friends are and I let you go. Or, if you win, you get to kill me."

"Hah! I never knew you could be so stupid." Dark Pit scoffed. "Oh, well. Your destruction is assured!" He shouted and charged. I used my Counter move right before he struck me with a dash attack. The dash attack landed, and I took the power from it and launched a counter-attack. Dark Pit was hit full-force and was knocked back.

"Did I remember someone saying that I was too confident?" I said in a mocking tone.

"Shut up!" Dark Pit shouted, and charged again. Good, he's falling for my trap. I thought, An angry enemy can easily work into your favor. I side-stepped Dark Pit's dash attack and retaliated with a four-hit Dancing Blade. Dark Pit smashed into the wall but regained his footing.

"What's wrong? Not as weak as you thought I was?" I taunted.

"Stuff it! You're no match for me." Dark Pit said, "I've just recently gotten an upgrade. Wanna see my true power?" Dark Pit said, grinning evilly. An upgrade?!

"Go ahead, I doubt it will make any difference." I said, but I was a bit worried.

"Hyahh!" Dark Pit shouted, and a blast followed by a shockwave erupted into the room. I skidded back a little but righted myself and shielded my eyes with my sword. I opened my eyes; Dark Pit was surrounded in a black aura. This is the results of an upgrade?! His power is tremendous! I thought. Dark Pit charged, and hit me back with a dash attack. I slammed hard into the wall behind me. Darn it... I thought. I righted myself just in time to see Dark Pit hit me again with a dash attack, slamming me back into the wall. Darn it..! I thought, and righted myself again. I side-stepped Dark Pit's attack and hit him away with my Dolphin Slash move. I landed on my feet, and Dark Pit stood up. That hit blasted him back pretty far... I thought, Wait...that's it! In order to gain more strength, he sacrificed  some of his ability to defend against attacks! If I can use that to my favor, I can win this battle! I thought. Dark Pit charged again, but this time I was ready. I quickly used my Counter move again and knocked Dark Pit back.