Chapter 17: Luigi

Quit struggling, Luigi. Just let me take complete control and things will be so much better for both of us. Evil Luigi said.

Never! If it weren't for me, you would've killed my friends and brother! I shouted back. How did this happen? I thought, and suddenly I remembered. My mind started taking me back to the time this all started to happen....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It all happened just after Mewtwo came, and before Link and the others were finished with their training in the Chamber. I was on a break from working, so I decided to take a nice walk around Gaur Plain. Everything was peaceful until a crack opened up from the ground and a dark black-purple smoke rose into the air and washed over me. I coughed and sputtered, and started to run back to the base. It all makes sense now... I thought, That's why I sent Fox and Falco to Arena Ferox...I...no, the evil me...knew that's where Tabuu was going to be. And then, just as suddenly, I was whisked back to the present...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I awoke to the same place I was earlier: a dimly-lit place inside my mind, and I saw the same black-purple color everywhere, and I was floating, and Evil Luigi was in front of me, smirking.

I'm not going to give up! I shouted, I'll keep fighting until I regain control of my body!

Go ahead and try. I'm never going to let you be in control again. Evil Luigi said

Then fight me! I challenged.

I wouldn't call it a fight. You can barely put up a good one. Evil Luigi shot back.

Why, you--! I said, and charged, seething with rage. Evil Luigi side-stepped my dash attack and uppercutted me.

Pitiful. Evil Luigi said as I flew high into the air, and Evil Luigi teleported next to me. Evil Luigi grasped his own hand and brought it up, holding it there for a second. Oh no-! I thought, and Evil Luigi brought down his fists. I shot downward and landed hard on my stomach. All of the air in my body left me the moment I landed.

Oomph! I groaned, and gasped for air. Evil Luigi started to descend above me, his foot outstretched. I rolled to the side and Evil Luigi's foot hit the ground. I scrambled up and shot a green fireball at Evil Luigi.

That's nothing! Evil Luigi shouted, and shot a dark energy ball. The dark energy ball absorbed my fireball and hit me, and I flew backwards and landed hard on my back. I got back onto my feet and growled.

I'm not...going to give up! I said. Evil Luigi laughed.

Your heroism is admiring, but unnecessary. Just give in to your dark side, and we can be stronger together. That's what you want, right? Evil Luigi said.

Yes...but I want to get stronger on my own! I shouted. Evil Luigi snarled, then teleported next to me and knocked me out with one cold, hard punch.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I awoke to the light of a big screen TV. I sat up and saw Tabuu on the TV! This must be what Evil Luigi is seeing! I thought.

"The targets were deterred." Evil Luigi said.

"Where are the bodies?" Tabuu asked him.

"Er, well, uh...they weren't killed, sir. Just knocked out." Evil Luigi said.