Chapter 9: Ness

"Don't worry, Ness, you won't be going alone." Meta Knight assured me. He needed me to board Toon Link's Spirit Train to deliver some supplies to Link, Mario, Mega Man, Marth, Pit, Fox, Falco, and Captain Falcon in their hideout.

"Meta Knight, I know that..." I started, but Meta Knight interrupted me.

"Ness, Lucas and Snake will be going with you." Meta Knight said. I sighed.

"Okay, I'll do it."

-----------------------------------------------

"Geez, Toon Link, this is going pretty fast!" Lucas said.

"Sorry, but this is urgent!" Toon Link said from the front of the train.

"You're fine, let's just get this done and over with." Snake said.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked. I honestly wanted to know.

"Look, kid..."

"It's Ness."

"Look, Ness, we've got important cargo that our buddies need. So don't question me." Snake said.

"I will after I take you back to the Airship with me!" A voice said from behind. We all turned around and saw Dark Pit! Behind him was the Dark Spirit Train!

"Oh, man!" Toon Link said, but Snake smiled.

"Finally, I get to finish you off!" He said.

"You'll find out pretty quickly that I won't go down as easily as last time!" Dark Pit said, drawing his twin swords that made the Silver Bow.

"Well, we're not an easy fight, either!" I said, and Lucas trudged to right behind me. No one said a word for a little bit, tense. Then, Lucas, Snake, and I charged at Dark Pit. Dark Pit grinned and hit us all back before tearing a hole in the top of the Spirit Train and the back of the Spirit Train. Dark Pit flew up to the top of the train, and Lucas and I followed. Dark Pit saw us both and started charging an arrow.

"No you don't!" Lucas yelled, and charged. Lucas hit Dark Pit with a dash attack, then launched him up with a quick up Smash attack.

"Ness, NOW!" Lucas yelled, and I used my PK Thunder move. I directed the ball of thunder to me and I was launched at Dark Pit. Dark Pit was sent flying and hit a train car ten cars away from us. "Not what I had in mind, but okay!" Lucas said, smiling.

"I'll get you now!" Snake said, charging. Dark Pit stood up and hit Snake away with his Electroshock arm. Snake grunted and flew back a train car or two.

"Darn!" Snake said, wiping his mouth, which had a line of blood below it, "That guy can really hit with that thing! Lucas, Ness, distract him! I've got a plan." Snake said.

"Gotcha!" I said, and Lucas gave Snake a thumbs-up.

"Hey, Ness! Let's do the PK Flash/Freeze combo!" Lucas said, and I nodded. I charged, Lucas following behind me.

"So it's you two kids again, huh?" Dark Pit said.

"Don't call me a KID!" I screamed, and hit Dark Pit with a dash attack and a quick PK Flash attack. Lucas followed with a PK Freeze that sent Dark Pit flying, trapped in a block of ice. Lucas and I started charging our up Smash attacks when the Dark Spirit Train rammed into the back of the Spirit Train, causing Lucas and I to lose our balance. I fell, stood up, and nearly fell over again because the Spirit Train was going a lot faster now.

"Nice try, but you'll have to do better than that." Dark Pit said as he landed in front of Lucas and I. Suddenly, Snake appeared out of nowhere, slamming Dark Pit away from us with a dropkick. Dark Pit flew into the Dark Spirit Train and held onto one of it's side handles for dear life.