Chapter 12: Little Mac

"Wait, so run this by me again: you're telling me that you escaped an evil copy of Lucas and came back to the base only to find it ransacked?" I asked Mewtwo.

"Thanks for the recap, Mac." Falco said sarcastically. Mewtwo shifted in his seat, obviously nervous.

Yes, Little Mac. That's what I'm telling you. Mewtwo said in my mind. That was going to take some getting used to.

"So...everyone's gone?" Mega Man asked, and Mewtwo nodded.

"Well, if I know Meta Knight, he'd have evacuated everyone still alive to the Halberd and escaped." Link said, arms folded.

"But wouldn't that make him a bigger target, as huge as that ship is?" Captain Falcon asked.

"Yeah, but I took a look at that bad boy, and it's got move gadgets and weapons than a Swiss Army Knife on steroids. Not to mention the Combo Cannons, oh, man, do those hit hard." Fox said.

"Besides, Meta Knight's smart. He's probably high in the sky, maybe higher than Magicant." Falco put in.

"But what if the Dark Legion Airship had some kind of tracking device, or sonar? What then?" Put questioned.

"Well, Fox-a did say that-a the Halberd had-a large number of-a weapons." Mario said.

"So don't worry then, Pit. Meta Knight's got this all under control. Y'know, if he escaped." I said. Everyone's eyes turned to mine. Suddenly the nighttime fire didn't feel so warm. "But of course he escaped! He's Meta Knight!" I fired off frantically.

Nice save. Mewtwo said in my mind.

"Did anyone else hear that?" I asked to the others.

"Hear what?" Mega Man asked me.

"What Mewtwo told me." I answered, and everyone shook their heads no. Good. I thought, then smiled. Marth yawned.

"I think we should all get some rest." He said, and everyone, including myself, nodded in agreement.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning I woke up to find Mewtwo gone. I wonder where he could've gone? I thought, then slowly started to stand up. I strapped on my boxing gloves and walked outside of the cave, and started to look around for Mewtwo. Suddenly, there he was, right in front of me.

What are you doing up so early? Mewtwo asked me.

"I was about to ask the same to you. But, to answer your question, I always get up at this time to train. Now, why are you up so early?" I asked.

It's not a crime to get a little early morning meditation in. Mewtwo said in my mind.

"Okay, okay, touche, and all of that junk." I said, raising my hands in the air. "So, maybe we could both train together? Y'know, like on top of this cave?" I asked Mewtwo. For once, the Pokemon smiled.

I think I would enjoy that. He said. I nodded, and we climbed to the top of the cave.

"Ready?" I asked, getting into my fighting stance.

When you are. Mewtwo said.

"Go!" I yelled, and charged. Mewtwo side-stepped my dash attack and retaliated with a move that spun me around, and then dropped me to the floor. I scrambled up and jabbed Mewtwo in the jaw, and Mewtwo skidded back. Mewtwo lunged and started to go for a dash attack. I used my Slip Counter move just as Mewtwo struck. I pretended to take the hit and slammed my fist into his stomach, uppercutting him away. Mewtwo landed on his feet and brushed the dust off his shoulder.