Chapter 15: Ryu

I turned around and saw Ness and Lucas falling behind.

"Hey, guys. Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah...we're totally...fine." Ness gasped. I opened Ness' backpack.

"Here, have some water." I said, and gave Ness and Lucas a water bottle. I closed Ness' backpack and helped them stand up. It had been two days since we decided to go look for the Dark Legion Airship or the Halberd. One day since we began our search. Now, we were starting to struggle. Ness and Lucas caught up with everyone, and I did the same. Leading us was Link, alongside Marth. The rest of us were jumbled together, ready for a fight. It had been a full day since we were last attacked...everyone was on edge. We kept walking, and soon we came across a waterfall.

"Alright, everyone drink up and fill up your bottles! This might be one of the last few waterfalls we come across." Link said, and everyone obeyed. I took a drink, then filled my water bottle. I walked over to Link as I tightened the cap on my water bottle.

"So, any sign of the Halberd or the Airship?" I asked.

"We did see a smoke trail when we got here; we're going to follow it when everyone is done with their break." Link said.

"Look out!" Falco shouted, and a huge lazer slammed into the ground and exploded, sending us all flying. I sat up and looked above, there was a medium-sized guy wearing black overalls, a green ascot, a black mask that stopped at his eyes, and a green hat with a backwards capital L...

"Luigi! What are you-a doing?" Mario shouted. The man leapt down to the bottom of the waterfall, and I saw what I guessed was Luigi.

"Luigi! What are you..?" Fox said, but Luigi didn't answer.

"Little bro, please-a.." Mario started, but Luigi interrupted him.

"DON'T call me LITTLE!" He shouted, and a black and dark aura burst out of nowhere and surrounded Luigi.

"Luigi! You're under a spell!" Ness shouted.

"Heh heh. That's the thing. I'm not under a spell by Ganondorf. I decide to join the Dark Legion to get stronger, and to get respect. I was the one who called in the Primid army to the base, I was the one who did it! Not anyone else! JUST...ME." Luigi said, his voice becoming more and more demonic. The black aura burst again, knocking us all off of our feet.

"Luigi! Stop this!" Link said.

"SHUT UP! See, now you won't make fun of me. You're begging for me to withdraw! That's why I chose to join the Dark Legion! Now DIE!" Luigi said, his voice now totally demonic.

"Luigi, withdraw or.." Marth started, but Luigi shot a high-speed blast of dark energy at Marth, and that caused Marth to fly back into the cliff wall. Marth slid to the ground, and laid very still.

"Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention: I have some brand-new moves, thanks to the Dark Legion upgrade machine!" Luigi said, and released a dark energy shock wave that swept all of us off of our feet.

"Stop this now, Luigi!" Lucas said.

"Never." Luigi said, and teleported next to Lucas. Luigi grabbed Lucas, hoisted him into the air, and shot dark energy into Lucas' face, and Lucas fainted. Luigi threw Lucas' still body to the ground.

That's it! Mewtwo shouted, and charged at Luigi. I gasped. Mewtwo isn't holding anything back...Luigi's going to die! I thought. Luigi blocked Mewtwo's attack with ease, and pushed his fist next to Mewtwo's stomach.

"Goodbye, Mewtwo." Luigi said, and shot a blast of dark energy that went though Mewtwo. There was a bright flash of red and white, and Mewtwo flew out of sight. No! Not Mewtwo! I thought, clenching my fist.

"Take this, Luigi!" Fox and Falco said, but Luigi shot them away with dual blasters. Fox and Falco flew back into the cliff wall, stunned.

"That effect will last for an hour. If of course, I don't decide to kill them first." Luigi said, then laughed.

"That's-a enough!" Mario said, and hit Luigi in the neck. Luigi stepped back from the blow, then smirked.

"I guess that's all I can expect from you." Luigi said, and grabbed Mario. Luigi spun Mario around and around and threw him into the cliff wall. Mario slid down the wall and laid very still.

"Luigi!" Ness shouted, and Luigi turned. Ness lunged for Luigi, but Luigi shot another blast of dark energy at Ness, and Ness crumpled to the ground. He didn't get back up.

"FALCON--!" Captain Falcon shouted, but Luigi waved a hand and Captain Falcon slammed into the cliff wall, then fell to the ground, unconscious. Link charged at Luigi, sword raised high. Luigi waved a hand, and Link froze in place.

"Pitiful." He scoffed, and blasted Link with dark energy. The energy hit Link, and he went flying into the cliff wall, then fell on top of Marth, also unconscious.

"Darn it, Luigi!" Little Mac screamed, and charged at Luigi. Luigi tried to uppercut Little Mac away, but Little Mac used his Slip Counter move and countered Luigi's move, making Luigi skid backwards. Luigi righted his footing and laughed.

"Not bad, using my own move against me. But that's over." Luigi said, and suddenly Little Mac was launched into the air, and landed in the cliff wall.

" I don't want to hurt you, but I won't allow you to hurt my friends! If you withdraw, I promise you'll be treated kindly an-" Mega Man started, but Luigi laughed, interrupting him.

"Kindly? I destroyed my kind side, kid." Luigi said, and shot a blast of dark energy at Mega Man. The dark energy hit Mega Man, and he crumpled to the ground, unconscious.

"Stop this now!" Pit shouted, but Luigi smacked him aside. Pit fell to the ground and didn't get back up.

"And then there were two." Luigi said, turning to me. I can't let this guy beat me! Not after what he did to my friends. I thought.

"If it's a fight you want, it's a fight you'll get." I said, getting into my fighting stance. Luigi laughed.

"Oh, it won't be a fight. It'll be a massacre." Luigi said, and charged.

"Hadoken!" I shouted, and fired a blue energy blast at Luigi. Luigi was stunned and knocked back, but recovered quickly.

"Cheap shot Ryu over here." Luigi taunted, then lunged again. I side-stepped out of the way and followed up with a Shoryuken. Luigi fell to the ground, then scrambled up. I landed on both feet and used my Shakunetsu Hadoken move. A red fireball shot out of my hands, but this time Luigi was ready. Luigi blocked the move, but when he let down his guard and I hit him with a dash attack, followed by a quick string of up strong attacks before polishing the combo off with a quick up Smash attack. Luigi fell to the ground hard, and slowly rose up.

"I thought you wouldn't be much of a challenge, but you're almost as tough as Mewtwo. So I'm not going to hold back anymore." Luigi said. He was holding back his power?! I could barely fight him with all of my power in the state he's in now! I thought in shock. "Time to die, Ryu!" Luigi shouted, and started to charge up a dark energy blast. I did the same, but I was charging up a full-power Hadoken. Luigi shouted and released his dark energy blast, and I screamed as I released my full-power Hadoken. The two blasts collided, but Luigi's quickly overpowered mine and collided with me. I heard a high-pitched scream, and then I saw and heard nothing more.