Chapter 24: Pit

I felt bad about leaving Dark Pit behind to fight Evil Luigi, but it had to be done.

"Go right!" Link shouted, and we all turned right and sprinted down the new hallway. Suddenly there was a door frame with a purple portal instead of a door.

"H-hey, maybe we shouldn't go through that..." Zelda said.

"Then stay here. Roy and I are going through it." Marth said, and then he and Roy walked through the portal. Samus followed them, then Ryu went through, then Mario, then Link. I sighed.

"Are you sure you're not coming?" I asked Zelda. Zelda didn't respond. "Okay, but I have to join the others. See you soon." I said and started walking to the portal.

"Wait!" Zelda cried, and I turned. "I'm coming with you." She said, and I smiled.

"Good. C'mon, let's go..." I said, and together Zelda and I stepped through the portal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We all materialized in a lit place. I looked around; we were on a rooftop!

"Wait, isn't this-a where we-a started?" Mario asked.

"No, it's different. Look. There's a large platform over there, in about jumping height and thirty yards away. That wasn't there on the roof we entered through." Samus said. Suddenly every single villgan in the Dark Legion appeared, accompanied by an army of Primids.

"Take it to them!" Link shouted, and everyone charged. I quickly produced my Upperdash Arm, strapped it on, and uppercutted some Primids away, then I put it away.

"Look out!" Marth's voice said, and he knocked away Bowser, who was trying to sneak up on me, with a dash attack.

"Thanks."

"No problem, but..." Marth said, and I knocked away a Primid, sending it tumbling into the other Primids.

"But what?"

"Well, where's Dark Pit? Shouldn't he be back by now?" I thought about that for a moment.

"Evil Luigi has probably gotten tougher, you know how it works." I answered.

"Pit! A little help here?" Snake shouted. I drew my Palutena Bow and fired an arrow, directing the shot to make King Dedede, who was charging at Snake, flinch so Snake could counter with a quick side Smash attack. I focused my attention to Wario, who was in front of me.

"I heard what you did to Samus, Sheik, and Roy. You're going to pay for that!" I shouted. Wario laughed, releasing a garlic-filled odor.

"YOU beat ME?! Roy couldn't even beat me without a Final Smash! How could you?" Wario taunted.

"Like this!" I shouted, and uppercutted him with my Upperdash Arm. Wario flew back into some Primids, killing them.

"Pfheh!" Wario grunted as he got up. He charged, and I used my Guardian Orbitars to block his attack, which turned out to be his Corkscrew move. While he was vulnerable, I leapt up to his height and struck him multiple times with my Palutena Bow. Wario was about to hit the ground when Ryu ran over.

"Shoryuken!" He shouted, hitting Wario up with a leaping uppercut.

"Thanks." I said.

"Get him!" Ryu said, and I nodded. I jumped up under Wario and rapidly spun my swords upward, sending Wario flying even higher.

"This is for what you did to us!" Samus' voice shouted, and she shot a fully charged Charge Shot. Wario was hit and collapsed onto the ground, a trophy clatter following it. Samus and I landed, and guilt of making a villain a trophy started to eat me away.