Chapter Fifteen- Accepted

ok ok hope you enjoy

I was going to get him back whether he liked it or not.

Chapter Fifteen- Accepted

Logan's POV

It had been a few hours since I had last seen Ryan but my heart still continued to ache from his absence. His words replayed through my head on a continuous loop and I couldn't help but wonder what I did wrong. I knew that I was worthless, boring, gay boy, who was pointless to love but I had just finally accepted that there was someone who actually payed me any attention. And right when everything was going smoothly and I had accepted his love, he was taken away from me within a blink of the eye.

I never realized how much I cared about him, either. It wasn't until my heart was a burden in my chest and my hands shook from the overwhelming amount of pain I was feeling did I realize that I cared about this human being. All these emotions inspired me to draw but it seemed pointless to draw now since I didn't have Ryan to judge my masterpieces.

Instead of being creative, I decided now was a good time to come clean to my other loved ones, to inform them that I wasn't in the condition they thought I was in. I was perceived as a content, joyful person whose school life was better than normal but that wasn't close to the truth. I had to tell my mother, my best friend because the burden of lieing to them on a daily basis was becoming too much.

With a quick text to Sam, I ran to my house, occasionally jumping over the massive water puddles that appeared on the sidewalk. I was home quicker than I wanted to be.

My mother was cooking in the kitchen when I arrived, the sound of her whistling traveled through out the house. It went down every corridor and filled every room with a peaceful melody that seemed to calm my nerves.

Gulping, I entered the kitchen, dropping my broken back pack onto the dining table. She jumped, surprised at the sudden sound, but once she saw me, her frightful expression transformed into a joyful one.

"You scared me," she said before turning around to continue cooking. "How was your day?"

"It was awful, mother." She glanced over her shoulder at me, a look of confusion on her face.

"I've never heard you say that before. What happened?"

"Mom, I have something serious I need to talk to you about." She turned the stove off, set the pots of food aside, and came to sit at the dining table so we could have a proper conversation.

"What is it?" I watched as she wiped her hands on a towel. I had so much to say, so much to tell her but as I stared into her kind eyes, I couldn't find the words to express myself.

"I'm-I'm being bullied." She continued to stare at me, her way of telling me to continue but I didn't.

"I suspected. All those bruises I see on you and when you would come home limping, I realized that-" She paused to cover her mouth, her eyes suddenly becoming glossy. "My poor baby. I'm so, so sorry." She reached over the table, taking me into her arms and holding me tight. It felt nice to be held by my mother, to smell her soft floral scent. "I can transfer you to different schools, if you want. Or maybe I can talk to the principal. Who's doing this to you?"

We separated and I debated on whether I should tell her everything. "None of that is necessary. Ryan has been- protecting me."

"Why are you just now telling me this?" She wiped away the tears that clung to her cheeks.

"Because I'm tired of lying to you." I grabbed my back pack before standing up. "Now if you excuse me, I have someone I need to talk to." She opened her mouth to speak but I only smiled before walking off, wiping my eyes to get rid of the tears I refused to allow my mother to see.

I waited outside for Sam, hoping she would be here soon. While waiting for her, I decided to check the mail and inside that dull mail box, I saw a white envelope, one that held the plans for my future. With shaky fingers, I tore open the envelope, my eyes squeezed shut so I was unable to see the text on the paper.

But I opened my eyes eventually and read the first line. It said:

We are delighted to offer you admission into the National School of Art..

I couldn't continue reading because I was too busy squealing and jumping around like a mad man. Receiving this letter was the highlight of my day. The only problem was the school was out of state and if I were to move, I would be leaving behind my friend, family, and most importantly, Ryan.

I wanted so badly to call him and tell him about my exciting news about how we could finally run away together but then I remembered that he was no longer involved with me.

Pulling me out of my thoughts, Sam arrived, a hot and sweaty mess as she panted and gasped for air. I was surprised that she ran all the way to my house, considering her house was a few blocks away from mine. "You wanted to talk?" she panted. I handed her the letter, my mouth clamped shut as I awaited her reaction.

After reading the first line, she screamed in joy and pulled me into a tight hug, squeezing the air out of my lungs. I smiled brightly, excited that she was excited.

But her smile suddenly dropped and she said, "This school is in a different state. I can't believe you're leaving me." She handed the letter back, not wanting to touch it any longer.

"We'll still stay in touch. I'm not leaving forever," I said with a small smile.

"Was that what you wanted to talk about?" My mouth opened but like before, I didn't have the courage to speak. I looked into her eyes and only saw pain. I had already hurt her with my acceptance letter. I didn't know if it was worth it to tell her about my bullying. That would only add to the pain she was probably feeling.

I gave her a closed mouth smile before placing my hand on her shoulder. "That was all. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you." She smiled back.

It was then that I realized how much I wanted to talk to Ryan, to see his smile instead and to feel his lips pressed against mine. I gave Sam a quick hug before taking off in the opposite direction.

"Where are you going?" She yelled as I continued to run away.

"To find Ryan," I yelled back as a smile crept onto my face, my fist crumpling my acceptance letter. I was going to get him back whether he liked it or not.