Chapter Nine- Stay Away?

has anyone else ever heard of the band, BTS? probably not, nevermind.

Once I saw that face, I didn't waste any time in grabbing his shirt and forcing him against the lockers.

Chapter Ten- Stay Away
Ryan's POV

I threw on my leather jacket, hoping it would hide any bruises or scratches that I had been collecting since yesterday. Thankfully, it did. It even covered the small purple bruises on the side of my neck. Satisfied with how I looked, I grabbed my back pack and ran downstairs, only to be stopped by my father, who was patiently waiting for at the bottom of the stairs.

"Are you going to school?" he asked, his face a pure mask that wouldn't allow me to know what he was feeling.

"Yeah, it's Friday," I said, my grip tightening on the strap of my bag. I wasn't sure what to expect at that moment and I couldn't even tell if he was angry or not.

"I don't want to see you with that kid, do you understand?" he said, making sure to look me straight in the eye as if to intimidate me.

"And what if I do?"

"You won't be the only getting bruises," he sighed, "That kid is only going to bring you trouble. Stay away from him."

"Bring me trouble? The only person that is bringing me trouble is you. Now if you don't mind, I have somewhere I need to be," I responded before pushing past him and walking outside to my bike. Even though I acted like I didn't really care, I did care. I know what my father is capable of, I've experienced it first hand. I couldn't imagine him doing the same to Logan. It sounds crazy but my father would do it, I knew he would.

The drive to the school felt quicker than usual but the stares from all my peers were expected. I knew they were all disgusted by me but I tried my best to ignore them. I just found it ridiculous that they would hate me because of what they think is wrong.

The moment I walked through the door, I was greeted by the one and only, Logan. "Hey, I'm sorry about yesterday," he said, his eyes trained on his hands.

"It's fine," I replied simply. I felt the need to stay away from Logan, as if the words of my father were actually affecting me. As much as I hated to listen to my father, I knew I had to in order to keep Logan safe.

"Do you want to hang out over the weekend? We can-"

"Look, Logan. I think it would be best if we stopped hanging out," I sighed, not able to bring myself to look at him. Even though I wasn't looking at him, I knew that his smile had faded and was replaced with a frown that would make me weak.

"Oh, I see," he whispered. He went to turn away but glanced back at me for a moment. "If this is about your father, I understand. I've enjoyed the moments we had together, Ryan." I stood there, speechless, watching the only person I ever got close to, walk away. There was this unexpected breaking feeling in my chest and it caused me to turn away, making it seem like I was focused on whatever was inside my locker. But I could care less about what was in my locker. I just didn't want to continue watching him walk away. Surprisingly, it hurt too much.

The rest of the day was a haze. My grief was overwhelming and blocking me from paying attention to anything that happened throughout the day. I hadn't seen Logan at all that day. It was like he had just completely disappeared.

It wasn't until the last period, did I see him. It started to seem natural that he would limp into class and it seemed like I was the only one that really knew why he was limping. Just thinking about who injured him, had my blood boiling and my fists thirsting for blood.

I eyed him as he walked to his seat behind me and began to set up his painting station. "For our next project, you will be creating a painting that demonstrates your personality..." Our teacher's voice faded in and out of my ears as my eyes stayed glued on Logan. I could he knew I was watching him but the way his cheeks would turn a brighter red every few seconds. "..you will be assigned partners.."

It was funny, really. I was supposed to be ignoring this beautiful boy but here I was, watching him intently as if he was a sculpture made by Leonardo Da Vinci. I didn't want to ignore him but I had to, I had to try harder.

I turned my attention towards the teacher the moment she said the worst words that could ever be said at that moment. "Logan Prescott and Ryan Leonetti.."

"What about Logan and Ryan?" I asked, my nerves suddenly on edge.

"You two will be partners. Now remember, this project.." But I wasn't able to hear the rest of what she was saying because I was too busy staring into Logan's surprised eyes.

After what felt like hours, the bell rung and I was quick to exit that room. For the past thirty minutes, I couldn't get that damn boy out of my head. I didn't really care about the whole project. I was mostly focused on Logan's injured leg that was bothering him the entire class period.

I owed Logan and I was going to pay him back. He needed to know that I still cared about him, even if I was supposed to be staying away from him.

I pushed through the crowded hallways, searching for that one familiar face. Once I saw that face, I didn't waste any time in grabbing his shirt and forcing him against the lockers. "What the hell are you doing?" Scott yelled, his breath warm against my face. I stared deeply into my eyes, my body heating up from anger. I could feel several hands grabbing and ripping at my arms, hoping to pull me away but their attempts were useless.

"Touch Logan again and I swear, I'll kill you," I said harshly.

"And like I'm scared of you," he said lowly, a smirk forming on his face.

"You should be." I let the hands pull me away before walking away from that group of morons.