Chapter Two- Dont Let Them In

this chapter is extremely short but only because it's sort of a filler chapter and I didn't have to much planned for this chap. But next one should be longer and I will update very soon. I'm starting to write more in this book so be prepared. 

So I did what I did best, run. 

Chapter Two- Don't Let Them In

 Ryan's POV

I could feel his eyes on me the entire time of class and I found it amusing. I mean, I'm your typical "bad boy" and I get the puppy dog eyes all the time, not to brag or anything. I should be used to it and be able to just brush it off but something about this kid interested me. 

Maybe it's just his blue eyes and black hair that I find absolutely adorable or maybe it's just his shy personality that I found attractive. But either way, I wasn't going to give in to his coy character because I've learned the hard way to trust no one. 

When the bell finally rang, allowing us to leave class to go to lunch, I casually walked out of the room and to my locker. I admit, the kid was stuck on my mind but I just tried to ignore it as much as possible. But when I heard a loud thud coming from across the hall, I realized it was going to be harder than I thought.

"Watch where you're going next time." A couple of football players were crowded around a person and it wasn't until they left did I realize they were crowded around the guy I couldn't get out of my head. 

He ran his fingers through his thick black hair as he watched the dust swirl by his shoes. "You okay?" I asked as I approached him, my hands stuffed into my pockets. He looked distressed but he still managed to seem put together and gave me a small, closed mouth smile. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Nothing that I'm not used to." he mumbled, his fingers tugging at the hairs that he had combed through. I exhaled deeply while looking at the surroundings around us. The halls were beginning to empty out and the silence was becoming tense. I fixed my back pack strap and I sat down on the ground next to him. 

"Look, I'm not that great at comforting-" I started but he cut me off before I could finish.

"I don't need comforting, okay." he snapped but still let out a sigh. "I didn't mean to be so harsh. Sorry. I'm just not good with people." 

"Ha, neither am I." I could relate to what he was saying because i rather jump off a bridge then trust people. In better words, I had major trust issues. Mostly because people in my past decided to betray or leave me, leading to my plument in depression and to never trust anyone again. 

"My name is Logan, by the way." he stated, giving the boy I couldn't stop thinking about a name. 

"I'm Ryan." he gave me a closed mouth smile before a awkward silence fell over us. After I felt like the silence had lasted long enough, I stood up and adjusted my back pack on my back. I held out my hand to help him up and he hestitantly took it. 

"Thanks" he muttered, grabbing his back pack and pulling it on as well. I examined him silently as he moved back and forth, uncomfortably. That's when I realized that I was actually talking to someone, someone that I happened to have a small crush on. 

I hated the idea of liking someone and I hated him for making me feel such emotions. I would not let him have so much control over my emotions because in the end, he would just leave and find someone else. So I did what I did best, run. 

"Whatever, I have to go." I said bitterly. I didn't look back as I walked out of the building they called school but I called hell.

I had to stop these feelings that I was suddenly developing for Logan. I wasn't going to let someone hurt me, not again.