Chapter Sixteen- Love

sorry for the long wait, yet again. This is a tad short but its cute so

I spotted his dark hair as it traveled with the wind, his skin glowing underneath the rays of the bright sun.

Chapter Sixteen- Love

Logan's POV

I was running like a mad man towards Ryan's house, not thinking about the consequences or the possibilities of what could happen. I didn't care that I might run into his father. All I could think about was Ryan.

I was only half way there when my pocket began to buzz. I whipped it out, laughed at the fact that I still had a flip phone, and pressed the answer key.

"Hello?" I questioned, almost out of breath.

"Ryan's father just called me," my mother said on the other line. Immediately, I stopped running, my legs burning from the long run. "He said that Ryan is missing. Is he with you?"

"No, he's no- What do you mean 'missing'?" My breath was harsh and inconsistent. I looked at the world around me, suddenly unable to breath correctly or have a firm grasp on reality. I was running to find Ryan but he wasn't even at home. I had no idea where Ryan would go or where he hangs out. I was lost now.

"He hasn't been home for awhile. His father was just worried." I almost laughed at that. Since when did Ryan's father care about his son? He surely didn't care when he was beating the living crap out of him. "If you have any idea where he is-"

"No, mother. I don't where he is. I'll call you later, okay?"

"Okay. Love you." And with that, I hung up. I spun around, not sure as to where I was or what I was doing. Ryan could be all the way in the next state for all I knew. It did seem like something he would do but not without telling me.

That was when one more single thought entered my head. There was only place that I knew Ryan would possibly go and that was my only shot. He was either there or he wasn't. If he wasn't, I would be lost all over again.

Turning around, I ran in a different direction than before, hoping he was there. He had to be.

After a solid ten minutes, I had made it. I skid to a stop, the warmth of my hands seeping onto my knees as I leaned against them. I had never ran that much in my entire life and now I knew why. Running was not a hobby of mine.

I found it hard to catch my breath but I pressed on, tossing my shoes off so I could walk in the hot sand. The sand may have irritated my feet but it was nothing compared to the annoyance I felt towards Ryan.

I wanted to be with him but I also hated him at that moment. I was practically running across the entire city, searching for him. If he wasn't here, I was going to be pissed.

But he was. I spotted his dark hair as it traveled with the wind, his skin glowing underneath the rays of the bright sun. I rushed towards him, constantly tripping because of the deep sand.

"You!" I yelled, still unable to catch my breath. Shocked, he looked up. "I ran so much- and-" I paused, my body leaning on my knees so I could catch my breath. "I found you and I have something to say!"

With a calm tone, he said, "Well say it."

"I refuse to allow you to remove yourself from my life. You don't get to decide that. I do."

"Is that all?"

"No! You are the best thing in my life right now and yes, you can get on my nerves and you tend to make people's lives harder but-"

"But what, Logan?"

"I love you and your dumb face. And I don't care if your father beats me up and I don't care if Scott hates us; I love you, Ryan Leonetti," I paused, my breath catching in my lungs, "And I'm not ready to let you go."

He sat still, speechless, his eyes wide with shock. My heart began to ache at his speechlessness, afraid that maybe he didn't love him back. I went to speak but there was nothing left to say. With my fingers grasping tightly onto my hair, I turned away, wanting to run again.

But before I could run, I was pulled backwards, my lips pressing against another pair. With wide eyes, I noticed it was Ryan and I realized that he wasn't rejecting me.

I deepened the kiss, pulling myself closer to his body, wanting to feel every bit of him. He moaned deeply, his fingers grasping at my hair.

"I love you too, Logan Prescott," he whispered against my lips, causing me to smile like an idiot.

"Then run away with me," I responded, my eyes looking up into his. I pulled the letter out of my back pocket, holding it up in front of his face. With a confused expression, he grabbed the letter. He slowly opened it and read the first line.

I closed my eyes, scared to see his reaction.

"You got in?"

"You believed in me. That's all the motivation I needed." With a goofy smile, he pulled me into a hug, his grip so tight that I could hardly breath.

"Let's run away then."