Chapter Twenty Two- Savior

my internet was out so this is late but there are only two more chapters to go! enjoy

I simply replied yes and she said that was good.

Chapter Twenty Two- Savior

Ryan's POV

"And these are her medications. Make sure she takes them twice day, one in the morning and one at night," the doctor stated as he handed Logan the small bag of pills. Logan nodded in response as he stared at the package. "Now, go down this hallway to the receptionist and she will give you a few forms to sign." Logan nodded again.

Moments later, his mother was being wheeled in by a young nurse with a bored expression on her face. She pushed Logan's mother in front of us before smiling and walking off.

"Take me home, Logan," his mother sighed as she leaned back in her chair. Logan said his good byes to the doctor before focusing his attention on his mom. "Ryan, be a doll and roll me to the car."

I gulped, nodded, and then began to follow Logan down the hallway. It was quiet in the hospital and I found it nerve wracking. I wasn't a big fan of hospitals but I was pretty sure no one was, except for the doctors who devoted their life to this place.

Logan met with the receptionist and the woman behind the glass talked him through the paper work he needed to sign. "Thank you for being there with my son, Ryan," Logan's mother stated. I glanced down at her with a smile but she didn't look back at me. Instead she was staring at her son, whose skin seemed paler than usual. "I've never seen him so happy. Once you came around, you were all he could talk about."

"I'm glad that I could bring your son happiness," I responded as I, too, watched her son. He didn't seem so happy at the moment but I didn't want to mention that fact.

"When his father passed, I promised myself that I would be all that he needed. But I couldn't stop other kids from harming my son but you could and I'm grateful for that."

"I was just doing what everyone else should've done. You shouldn't pick on those weaker than you."

"Are you in love with my son, Ryan?"

I was taken back for a moment, not sure how to answer but I knew honesty was the best way to go. I simply replied yes and she said that was good.

After that, we continued to follow Logan outside to the car. He was silent the entire time but I figured he was just thinking about his mother and what she went through.

I was the designated driver so I drove us home, a simple twenty minute drive of completely silence and awkwardness. Logan refused to talk, no matter how many times we tried to engage him in conversation. He would grunt responses before turning to look outside the window at the passing buildings and cars.

Eventually, he fell asleep, his legs pulled to his chest as he leaned his head against my shoulder. I smiled to myself as my hand held his. I continued to hold his small hand even if I could feel his mother's stare on the back of my head.

We made it home safely and I proceeded to push Logan's mother into her bedroom and carry Logan to his bed. But when I tried to leave him on the bed, his hand reached out and grabbed my sleeve. "Thank you so much for today. You didn't have to help me with my sick mother," he said in a rather low voice.

"I didn't have to but I wanted to," I replied before kissing his hand that held onto my sleeve and setting it back down on the bed. I went to leave once again but he pulled me back another time.

"Sleep with me." and I did. I laid down behind him, my arms circling his waist as I brought him closer to my own body. He sighed in comfort but refused to go back to sleep.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm just thinking about my mother, that's all. I'm just worried about her health." He shifted in my arms and turned his body so he was facing me. He looked so perfect at that moment. His hair was slightly messed up, a few hairs sticking up randomly or covering part of his eyes. And his eyes were captivating as usual, the same for his pink lips and bright cheeks.

"She's going to be fine. She's doing better, Logan."

"I just don't want to lose another parent." His fingers reached up to play with the hair close to my ears and I smiled at his actions. And he smiled back and moments later, we were kissing.

He smiled against my lips as he tugged playfully at my hair. He rolled on top of me, never once breaking the kiss. And I was about to remove that annoying shirt of his when there was a sudden knock at the front door.

Logan sat up, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Maybe it's Sam?" he said before fixing his hair and running downstairs. Groaning, I took my time to follow him. "What are you doing here?" I watched Logan from the top of the stairs as he stared at the mysterious person outside. His eyes widened and his cheeks took on a deeper red.

"I came to talk about what happened the other day," the person said but their voice sounded too familiar. So I began to descend the stairs so I could actually see the person. "I really came to apologize for acting like a jerk towards you! I was just in denial- I'm not gay."

The person was Scott.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I pushed the door open so he could see my rage. He seemed surprised that I was here but turned his attention back to Logan who was frozen from shock.

"Listen, I didn't mean to kiss you. I was just confused and got caught up in the moment," Scott explained to Logan but I could tell he was barely listening. "None of the guys saw the kiss so-"

"If you don't leave Logan alone, the whole school will know about your fascination with Logan," I threatened. Scott's eyes widened a little before he began to shake his head, vigorously. "Leave."

"Just don't tell anyone, alright?"

"Leave!" Scott gave us a closed mouth smile before stuffing his hands in his pockets and walking away to his car that sat in the drive way. Logan's hand grabbed mine as we watched Scott drive away. "He's gone now, Logan."

"Thank you," he whispered, his hand tightening the grip he had on my hand. I smiled down at him and dragged him back up stairs.