Chapter Nineteen- Protect

beware, there is some sensitive content so read at your own risk? 

My mission was to stop her before she did anything stupid.  

Chapter Nineteen- Protect

Logan's POV

"Wake up, Logan," Ryan begged as he shook my still body. Groaning, I rolled onto my side and tried to hide from the bright light with my arm. "I made you some coffee." 

"I'm tired," I stated as my eyes slowly peeled open. I had stayed up all last night, worrying about my mother and I was pretty sure that I got less than 6 hours of sleep. Slowly, I sat up straight, the leather couch squeaking underneath me. 

With a smile, Ryan handed me my coffee. It wasn't good but it wasn't bad either but that's what I expected from the hospital cafeteria. 

"Where did Sam go?" I asked, noticing the empty couch across from us. 

"She said she needed to be alone but she hopes your mother gets better," Ryan said with a smile, clearly unaware of her current situation. With a deep breath, I set the warm cup on the coffee table. 

"I'm worried about her. She's been- Scott-" I suddenly found it hard to breath and I turned to look away, saddened by just the mere thought of my best friend getting harmed. 

"Did Scott touch her?" Ryan asked, his eyes hard and set on the side of my face. I simply nodded my head, unable to find the strength to say 'yes'. Without a single word, he stood up and grabbed his jacket. 

"Where are you going?" I stood up as well, my hands making an attempt to fix my wrinkled shirt and pants. 

"Scott deserves to be taught a lesson. Besides, we have school." I watched as he walked away, unsure if I should go with him or stay with my mother. Sighing, I rushed after Ryan.

"I'm coming with you." Without even looking up, he handed me his helmet, which I gladly snapped on before hopping on the back of his bike. Once I was on, he sped off, the roar of his motorcycle vibrating through my head. 

My grip on Ryan tightened as if I was scared I would fall off the bike and die. Even though I had ridden on the same bike numerous of times, I still found myself hugging Ryan with all of my strength. But he didn't seem to mind, he only focused on getting to his destination. 

I laid my head down on his shoulder blade, the whole front of my body pressed against his backside and at that moment, I felt safe and warm. No matter how terrified I was of his death bike, I didn't want to leave from this spot because his warmth always made me feel at home. 

But when we arrived at the school building, he had to pry my hands away from his waist. He helped me off the bike before allowing me to lead him into the building. The moment I walked in, I was aware of my lack of bathing and was worried that I looked bad. But I knew this wasn't the time to worry about such nonsense. I had to find Scott. 

It was much easier than I expected, considering he was always in the same area. Ryan and I had only missed the first two periods and luckily, I knew Scott's schedule since I used to revolve my life around it. 

The bell rang shortly after, dismissing the students to go to their next class and I waited patiently for the moron by his locker. The moment he saw us, he froze before covering his face with a mask to hide his fear. 

"What do you want?" Scott asked as a couple of his friends grouped around us. 

But the words suddenly became lost in my throat and all I could think about was smashing his head in. He had touched my best friend and that was one thing I could not tolerate. No matter what, I had to protect those that I loved. "How dare you!" I screamed before launching forward, my hands gripping to his hair and my legs kicking at whatever I could reach and with my luck, I kicked his balls.