Chapter Four- Ryan's Home

idk this chapter may be boring and like extremely short but not much was planned for this chap again sorry

The negative energy and pain was too overwhelming.

Chapter Four- Ryan's Home

Ryan's POV

After school, I headed home. My stomach twisted in knots as I got closer to my house. I always dreaded coming home but it's not like I could just move out.

I pulled into the driveway and turned my motorcycle's engine off. After removing my helmet, I slowly walked inside the horrid building. I crept passed the living room and tiptoed up the stairs. But when I was on the fourth step, a creak emitted from the stairs.

"Ryan? Is that you?" my father asked from the living room. Sighing, I turned back around and walked into the living room.

I watched my father as he rubbed his tired eyes. His black hair was a mess as usual, his facial hair was wild, and beer cans were littered across his feet. My heart ached at the sight of my dad. I felt so bad for him. Ever since my mother died, my father has been a lazy drunk.

"What took you so long to get back?" he groaned as he removed the beer bottles off his lap.

"I was at school," I sighed. I walked into the kitchen, grabbed a beer from the fridge, and handed it my father. He didn't spare me glance but snatched the bottle from my grasp.

My body prepared itself for any violent out lash, but it never came. I understood my father was going through a tough time and that the alcohol made him forget his pain but I allowed him to take any of his extra anger out me, even if that means he needs me to be a punching bag every now and then.

I stared down at him and was shocked to see his eyes glassy with tears. I had never seen my father cry. Not exactly knowing how to react, I tried my best to comfort him.

"Dad?" I kneeled down beside him but he remained unresponsive.  His eyes had closed and I assumed he was either asleep or just pretending so I would leave.

Sighing, I exited the house and hopped back onto my motorcycle. As much as I loved my father, I refused to stay in that house at the moment. The negative energy and pain was too overwhelming.

After a few minutes of riding, I made it to my destination.  I set my helmet on top of my bike, not worrying if it would get stolen or anything.

My eyes closed as I breathed in the salty scent of the sea. My hair whipped in the wind as I relished in the sound of soft crashing waves.

I walked closer towards the ocean but stopped dead in my tracks when I saw that familiar face. My heart plummeted as I watched his face glow in the sun.

"Hey," I greeted as I tried to seem calm. I sat down beside him in the sand. Logan glanced at me before returning his attention to the sea. "Are you mad at me?"

"What do you think?" He turned his head so I couldn't even see the side of his face. After a few moments of silence, he finally decided to speak again. "I just figured you would have stood up for me. But you just sat there and did nothing. " His voice cracked and I realized he was probably crying. 

"Logan, I'm-I'm sorry. I was just shocked. I don't respond well to stressful situations, "

"I shouldn't expect you stand up for me anyways," He repositioned his head and I was able to see his face again. Dried tears glittered on his cheeks and I felt nothing but remorse for making him cry. "No one wants to help me anyways. "

I reached for him and for the first time since my mom died, I held someone in my arms. He seemed surprised at first but didn't resist. It felt weird to hold someone again but it felt nice. Maybe getting close to people isn't that bad.