36

"So what did you do to Jimin?" Taehyung questioned the moment he returned and Jimin made a rushed exit for the door. He had not been expecting the rushed look that Jimin had given him as he raced out of the room. He knew that Jungkook had to be the culprit, there was no emergency of anyone that they knew, and Jimin did not really ever interact with anyone outside of the group, which meant that Jungkook had done something. Jungkook just laughed leaning against the bed as he stared towards Taehyung with a smile painted on his lips. "Jungkook, do not make me ask you again." Taehyung hissed, his eyes narrowing down slightly. Jungkook rolled his eyes, folding his arms over his chest but relented nonetheless. He was going to tell Taehyung anyways, it would do him no favours to continue to act defiant towards him. Furthermore, Jungkook may enjoy testing Taehyung, but he was still somewhat scary.

"I just enlightened him to some alternative possibilities." Jungkook said simply, a shrug of his shoulders idly showcasing the fact that Taehyung knew precisely what he had done. The latter closed his eyes to keep from rolling them, and just sighed in exasperation. He knew that Jungkook was going to do something similar eventually, but he was surprised that he had pounced so early. He had thought that he would ease Jimin into the doubtful thoughts so that he would not question them when they pried information from their Hyungs that they were keeping from the three of them. It would seem that had possibly not been the case. He should have known better though.

"You pretty much went all in didn't you?" Taehyung asked, sitting on the side of the bed. Jungkook stared at him with big eyes. Taehyung shook his head but pulled Jungkook in for a hug. "Look, sweetie, Jimin is a bit more...sensitive, you could say, than the rest of us. He can't always handle some of the information that we throw at him, you went at him a bit too fast I think." Jungkook gasped having finally understood. He had been a bit too rushed with Jimin. He had thought the other was stronger mentally than he truly was.

"So Jiminie Hyung is fragile?" He asked, wanting to clarify and ensure that he was not misunderstanding what Taehyung was saying. Misunderstandings were important not to have in this sort of thing, after all. If he wanted to understand why exactly it was that Jimin was so upset about this, he would need the details. Not that he was going to take anything back. He was not wrong, and in the end, he did not want to. Perhaps though, he could understand why it was that Jimin had been so annoyed and angry. He had thought keeping secrets was sort of a...thing among groups and families.

Clearly not. Jungkook thought to himself as he heard Taehyung explaining that Jimin really valued loyalty and honesty and how their group stood on that premise quite strongly and how, despite the fact that Jungkook was undoubtedly right because the Hyungs were hiding something even if they did not know exactly how or why, it would really hurt Jimin to hear such a thing. Apparently even awful families take honesty and loyalty as some sort of given. Jungkook recalled that look that Jimin had given him, a mix of sadness and pity. Perhaps my family is just...different, my relationships complicated. Or maybe it is just me, I breed infidelity and mutiny. Who knows, who cares...really...really...Yet despite that he could feel a sense of frustration curl over his body. It made his fingers curl into the blanket under him, despite Taehyung tightening his gaze, his voice trailing off slowly as he realized that Jungkook was seemingly lost. His eyes were glazed over, and Taehyung realized he probably had not really been focusing on the conversation for quite some time.

"Jungkook, sweetie, hey are you alright?" Taehyung muttered, tapping Jungkook rather...severely. Jungkook was pulled out of his thoughts, feeling Taehyung shake him. He blinked, shaking his head slightly and Taehyung came around to kneel in front of him, taking his head in his hands. "Where did you go just now, sweetheart?" He asked softly. Jungkook just gave a slight self depreciating laugh.

"I am just realizing how different my family is, is all," He said gently. Taehyung's brows furrowed before anger crossed over them.

"Hey, do not worry of such things right now. They can't get to you, and if you want, when we leave, we will exact our revenge, but for now, let us just focus on prying the information we need from our Hyungs, breaking Chenle, Rejun, and Jisung's ties with NCT and employeeing them ourselves, and then we can focus on the rest. Okay?" 

"Yes, hyung," Taehyung smiled towards him, letting his thumbs trace his cheekbones. "Jimin will return, just so that you know. If you want to get him before he willingly comes on his own, I can talk to him further, but...but more gently this time." Taehyung gave him a grateful look.

"Thank you Kookie, I do really appreciate it." Taehyung said softly, standing letting his fingers linger upon his cheek.

"Hyung," Jungkook staid, stopping Taehyung with a grip on his wrist. Taehyung hummed, looking back at him. "Are you...Are you interested...in Jimin Hyung?" Taehyung gave Jungkook a look, a small laugh.

"Oh honey, you have no need to worry about me replacing you with anyone else. I care for Jimin, but I am not going to do anything with him, not unless you are willing as well." Jungkook relaxed a bit at that.

"I see."

"I will go get him, but before I go." Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's face, tilting it up to his own, and kissed him savagely. Jungkook felt his eyes flutter closed as he let Taehyung take control, shivering as he lifted his hands uselessly. He had no idea what to do with his hands as Taehyung's own curled against his jaw and neck. It felt...so amazing. "Are you convinced now my dear?" Jungkook nodded, still slightly dazed. Taehyung gave him a soft smile, before turning on his heel.