Chapter 21

I wrote this story forever ago (like more than 10 years ago) and it makes me so happy to see that people still enjoy it and still know what The Lost Boys is! Thank you so much to everyone who is reading/voting/adding it to their libraries. I see each and every one of you and appreciate you so much!

 ● Ɲσω Ɓαcк тσ тнє Sтσяу ● 

Night of the 4th of July

No one was successful at getting Michael out of the house. David had even ventured down there against Max's wishes, but the only result was a pillow thrown at his head.

Night had fallen and everyone except Paul and David were in the park setting up blankets and food for the fireworks show. Laddie was off playing on a swing set with Dwayne never too far away. Sam and Veronica were picking on each other, running around the park throwing twigs and other small objects. Lucy called to them before they hurt themselves.

"Aw come on mom, we were just playing around." Sam whined at his mother's request.

"I don't care. Quit throwing things. Max? Is Maria going to join us? I need to know if I need to set out another plate."

"Yeah," Max responded while unfolding another blanket. "We're going to need two extra plates, actually. David is bringing his new girlfriend, too."

Veronica froze in her place when she overheard the news. She felt as if her world had stopped turning.

"Since when did David have a girlfriend?" Veronica whispered to herself, her voice raspy with hurt and confusion.

Sam looked at her with annoyance crossing his features. "That's news to me. She probably won't last very long, if you know what I'm hinting at." Sam used two fingers to stab his neck.

"Well good, she probably deserves to have all of her blood sucked from her veins." Veronica pouted.

"Whoa, this is a new side to you that I've never seen before."

"She doesn't deserve him."

"Aw, is someone jealous? You know you don't have a chance with him, right?"

"Sounds like you're the jealous one. Are you jealous that I like a vampire better than you?"

"Shush! Would you keep quiet about knowing? I wasn't supposed to ever tell you."

"David almost told me last night, but the others wouldn't let him."

Veronica looked to the parking lot as soon as the sound of motorcycles hit her ears. Paul and David were parking their bikes with two long haired women on the backs.

"I wonder if David would take me for a ride?" Veronica asked.

"I'm pretty sure he's a little busy." Sam eyed the new girl sitting behind David. She was not giving off a special vibe like Star did, so he knew he wouldn't be seeing her as a vampire. As for her looks, well she did not get hit with the ugly stick. Her wave of blonde hair looked perfect even after the motorcycle ride and her low cut top revealed a pink bra that made Sam fantasize about what they were holding.

"Why do they always get the pretty ones?" He murmured to himself.

"Hey Maxie!" Maria called as she hopped off behind Paul.

"Isn't Max her boss?" Veronica whispered to Sam.

"Yeah, but she never acts like it."

Paul slide off his bike and put his arm around Maria. They strolled over to the blankets and joined Marko and Dwayne. Paul plopped down and pulled Maria into his lap to nuzzle into her halo of hair.