Chapter 29

"Michael?" Star whispered as she stroked his hair off of his forehead.

"Yeah?"

"The sun is about to come up. You should go."

"Where are you going to stay?"

"I've been staying in the Royal Hotel on the outskirts of town. Can I see you tomorrow?" She stood up and brushed the sand from her naked body. Michael watched as she put her clothes on.

"Yeah. Do you think Max will smell you on me?" He asked as he stood up and did the same.

"Well, I would stay away from him until you can shower."

"I drank some of your blood, though."

"Maybe just stay away from him for a long while." She gave a weak smile until Michael returned it, then she broke out into a giant one. "I love you."

"I love you, too." He kissed her good-bye and fled to the safety of his basement.

                                                              ()()()()

"Uh, who's singing in the shower?" Sam asked with a yawn as he came downstairs in his boxers and scratched himself.

"Well, you certainly returned to normal as soon as Veronica left." Lucy gave her son a horrified look. "How many times do I have to tell you to not touch yourself down there when you're in the presence of others?"

"Mom! Geez! It's not like I was playing with myself or anything! My balls just itched."

"Why are they itchy? Do you have a rash down there?"

"Ew Mom, can we just drop this subject? I don't want to talk about my balls with you."

"Honey, I raised boys and I have a fiancé. I've seen balls before and I also had to show you how to pee when you were younger. I'm much more familiar with what's down there than you think. Perks of being a single mom of two boys."

Sam went back upstairs to put on pants and end the conversation. He knocked on the bathroom door and interrupted Michael's version of "Living on a Prayer".

"Yo homeboy! What are you doing? I thought you quit showering?"

"Shut up you little freak!" Michael yelled from the other side. Sam could hear the water turn off. "Hey, what happened to your girlfriend?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Sam responded.

"Miss V!"

"Oh, she went back home since her mom kicked Kirby out. She was not my girlfriend, by the way. She's Alan's girl."

"Say what?" Michael flung the door open and stared at his brother with his mouth hung open. Sam back up against the wall at the sudden action and warily looked at Michael's loosely tied towel around his waist.

"I thought she had the hots for you?" Michael asked.

"I don't trust your towel tying skills, can we talk about this after you get dressed?"

"I'm tired, I was planning on going to bed after I'm done here."

"So we will talk tonight."

"No, we're going to talk now." As soon as Michael reached out for his brother, the towel came undone.

Sam screeched at the scene of his naked brother. "I think not, sir! Hurry up and get dressed before my eyes start bleeding!" He ran away and left Michael laughing.

Lucy peeked around the kitchen corner to see what the commotion was about and rolled her eyes. "Do you see what I mean, Sam? I see them all the time!" 

She went back to her work washing the dishes and started humming a 1950's tune. Not only was Michael's zestful spirit contagious, but she was brimming with happiness that her son was returning to normal.

"Well, Mikey seems to be in a good mood." Lucy mused when Sam came running back into the kitchen.

"Yeah, everything seems almost back to normal. Well, besides the fact that you're marrying a vampire."

"Enough Sam." The corners of Lucy's mouth turned down as she placed a stack of pancakes on his plate. Michael walked in dressed in flannel PJ pants and a faded Pink Floyd t-shirt. He kissed his mom on the forehead, causing her smile to appear again.

"What happened to you last night? You went missing and had everyone worried. Max went out looking for you."

"Well, he didn't look very hard. I was on the beach all night."

"Did you feed?" Sam asked over the ton of syrup he was pouring on his pancakes.

"Yup, fed and had sex. It was a pretty successful night."

"Nice!"

"Michael!" Lucy looked appalled.

"Well, do you want the truth or not?"

"Not all of it." She winced.

"It's okay, it's Mom's turn to be in an uncomfortable talk now. Who did you get in the sack?" Sam smiled at his older brother. For some reason, he felt the need to be proud of Michael. Lucy gave her youngest a disgusted look.

"No one you guys know." Michael grabbed a stack of pancakes and sat down far away from the window. "Mom, are you sure the blinds are closed all the way?"

"Yes."

"Alright Sam, hurry up and tell me how you lost Miss V to that hunter freak. I'm starting to get a headache."

"It's nothing," Sam mumbled, picking at his pancakes. "Go and eat your pancakes downstairs."

"No way. Tell me, I'm all ears."

"Yeah you are."

"Shut up loser and just tell me already." Michael inhaled the pancakes and stared at Sam until he broke and explained what had happened.

"I honestly don't know. He kissed her and I lost her. End of story."

"Do you still like her?"

"A little, but just as a friend."

"Liar," Michael ruffled Sam's hair on his way down to the basement. "You can come cry on my shoulder tonight. But for now, I need a break from the daytime."

Sam nodded and ate his pancakes in awkward silence. Lucy looked at her son with a mix of sadness and pride in her eyes.

"When did you get so grown up?"

☢ ♥‿♥ 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓴 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝒇𝓸𝓻 𝓻𝒆𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰! 𝓓𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝒇𝓸𝓻𝓰𝒆𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓿𝓸𝓽𝒆 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝒇𝓸𝓵𝓵𝓸𝔀 𝓲𝒇 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝒆𝓷𝓳𝓸𝔂𝒆𝓭 𝓲𝓽 ♥‿♥ ☢