Chapter 23

न बुद्धिभेदं जनयेदज्ञानां कर्मसङ्गिनाम् |
जोषयेत्सर्वकर्माणि विद्वान्युक्त: समाचरन् |

na buddhi-bhedaṁ janayed ajñānāṁ karma-saṅginām
joṣhayet sarva-karmāṇi vidvān yuktaḥ samācharan

The wise should not create discord in the intellects of ignorant people, who are attached to fruitive actions, by inducing them to stop work. Rather, by performing their duties in an enlightened manner, they should inspire the ignorant also to do their prescribed duties.

⭐️⭐️⭐️

Aisha's POV

The moon is high
Like your friends were the night that we first met
Went home and tried to stalk you on the internet
Now I've read all of the books beside your bed

The speaker boomed 'paper rings' by Taylor in the living room meanwhile Aaron cooked lunch for both of us. I stood up and increased the volume to the maximum, not caring that it could make my ears bleed. I stood in the middle and moved my arms from left to right, smiling as I danced and shouted the lyrics. 

It was one of those days in my life when I felt energetic and wanted to sleep into exhaustion. That, but also the fact that after two months of struggles, doctors removed my fracture a week ago and now I was able to run and jump around. Though Aaron was a pain in my ass, he still did not allow me to move back to my house as he 'took care of me'. I did not mind living here. I mean, we had fun all the time. Loads of laughter and our childhood stories, funny things we did or the times when things were hard for us. 

"I like shiny things, but I'd marry you with paper rings. Uh-huh, that's right." I sang as I moved my waist, my shoulders rolling backwards, and my hands moving like a roll. 

Aaron poked his head from the kitchen, looking at me with raised brows. I grinned at him with the flash of my teeth as I wiggled my brows and headed toward him. Pulling my wrist back and forth, pretending an imaginary rope between us. Aaron's brows touched the ceiling as he shook his head with a spatula in his hands. 

Ignoring the gory of his biceps on full display in his black cut sleeves lounge t-shirt, I stood a foot away from him and pulled his arm in the living room. 

"Aisha, no." He said. 

"Aaron, yes." 

I threw the spatula in the air, as I grabbed his palm and moved them on the tunes of my wrist. After a second of protesting he gave up and we both jumped and danced together. Singing the song, I laughed out loud when he danced like a crazy frog experiencing the first rain meanwhile I danced like a peacock. 

I want to drive away with you
I want your complications too
I want your dreary Mondays
Wrap your arms around me, baby boy

Aaron grabbed my waist, joining our hands as we moved in circles, dancing together. Our bodies moved together in sync with our feet from left to right, right to left and sometimes in a circle. Though, nothing about that royal dance was slow. We were moving freely. Almost carelessly. but, it was fun. 

I giggled when Aaron wiggled his fingers at the dip of my waist, sending wave after wave of tickling sensation inside my belly. I slapped his back where my hand was resting. 

The beat slowed down, and I breathed hard. Looking into his eyes, I found myself a little lost by his charismatic smile. The way his cheeks lifted and his eyes shone every time he flashed his teeth in my direction. I felt proud of myself to make him smile like it was something I didn't know I needed.