Chapter 41

"Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will." – Elaine Davis

⭐️⭐️⭐️

Aaron's POV

"One more bite, okay? Then I will stop." Mom said as she pushed the spoon toward Aisha's lips. We were sitting across her bed and mom was trying to make Aisha finish her lunch.

"You have been doing this for an hour. I don't want to eat anymore. I can't eat. I'll burst out and puke." Aisha said, scrunching her nose as she shook her head.

She had been awake for a week now, and everyone was going crazy in the family. Taking care of her, visiting her whenever they could and just making sure that she was fine. Though, doctors said she was not.

I headed toward the end of the hall to Dr Noah's cabin. They had checked up on her after two days of vigorous tests and blood samples. He told them that Aisha was weak and it may take her some time to come to her normal form.

Once reached, I knocked on the door followed by a faint 'come in'. I slid inside, comforting myself on the chair across his. Noah flipped the papers from a file, looking deep into his world as he looked at me from under his lashes.

He opened his mouth and stopped when papa came inside, without warning. Of course, like the king, he always thought he was. Scratching the chair, he sat beside me, motioning his hands to the doctor to speak. If Noah was passed he hid it well. He leaned forward, resting his elbows on the edge of the table.

Such a waste of time.

"Rahul is recovering fine. His wounds have started healing, considering his perfect health and medicins working fine in his body. Whereas for Aisha, I suggest you keep her away from any kind of stress since her results are kind of disturbing."

"What do you mean disturbing?" I asked, placing my palm on the table as I leaned forward.

"Her troponin tests and ECG reveals that she had experienced one minor and one major heart attack in two days. This was diagnosed right after you bought her here. Because she had a high dosage of drugs in her system, I had to do the troponin test. Her coronary artery has damage and we have to do her angioplasty for that."

"And what after that? Will she be fine?" Papa asked, eyebrows knitted in confusion.

"The surgery is common and has good results. All she will have to do is take care of her health after it. Less oily food, a healthy diet, a good amount of exercise and regular medicins. And she will be fine."

I nodded. "When are you going to do the surgery?"

Noah cleared his throat. "As soon as her body is healed. Who is going to give the consent for the surgery?"

"You have my permission. Just make sure that you don't fuck it up," papa said before Noah could finish.

So the surgery was due in a week. Until then we were trying to feast her up with anything. She was so adamant about not eating eggs or chicken soup for protein and more nutrients. Honestly, I tried to make her eat scrambled eggs and she puked on my shirt. Needless to say, she laughed and I flipped her off.

The doctors had increased her vitamins and calcium tablets and she had to stick up to her vegetarian diet. I rolled my eyes when Aisha showed mom some Indian recipes on youtube, and mom made them for her.

"Aaron, tell your girl to eat this right now." Mom scoffed, folding her hands around her chest.

"He doesn't control me. I am not eating." Aisha said, sliding on the bed as she pulled the sheet over her face.