Chapter 24

Elder brothers are the most annoying creature on the planet. But, they are your second mother, father and friend. 
-ta_bloomfield

Rahul's POV

Meanwhile in India...

"Manish. Manish!" I said.

"Yes, Maalik?" he said as he came into my home office with tea in his hands. He served the cup, looking at me with a smile. The young boy was the best choice I had ever made. I recruited him as my peon from a village I was visiting one day. He was crying at the corner of the street when my car turned to exit his home town. He just failed his government job exam and wanted to earn for his family. I wanted a servant and that was that.

I took a sip of my tea, reading the newspaper on my desk. My office was simple. The white walls with a dark brown wooden door, and large bookshelf to my right and a large table-chair in the middle. To attend to clients and politicians, A simple dark brown sofa with a centre table was placed to my left.

"Who else is on-" I said, and stopped when the office door abruptly opened and papa came inside.

He stood in front of me, on the opposite side of the desk. He tilted his head toward Manish, who lowered his head under papa's gaze. "You. Get out."

Manish nodded and stormed out like a deer running for life from a ravenous lion on the hunt. I took a deep breath, leaning in my chair as I locked my eyes with my excuse of a father. Pathetic, filthy parasite of the human race. That's what he was.

he narrowed his eyes at me, requesting respect with his silent glare. I kept my face calm and straight. Never in my life would I give him the satisfaction of love. He did not deserve it.

When nothing came out of me, he sighed. His eyes turned soft, and wrinkles on his forehead eased out. "You need to go to France for a turbo project deal."

"Why?"
He gritted his teeth. "Because the prime minister is saying so,"

"Why? Because he wants to hand over the ministry of foreign affairs to me?"

His eyes closed down for a second, and then his head moved vertically in a curt nod.

"Fine, I'll go."

————
"Meri gudiya?" I said as I saw her coming out of the apartment with a boy. One of his hands resting on her shoulder.

By the look of him, Nicholas couldn't be him.

She stopped in her position, slowly turning around with tears in her eyes, and her gaze to my shoes. I wanted to roll my eyes at how dramatic she was being until I realised that my vision was blurring too.

I sighed deeply when she looked at me. My little sister. My lovely, adorable human being. My blood.

She dropped her purse on the ground and ran towards me. Her head slammed in my chest, making me take a step back. I lifted her from the ground and spun her around, as we both cried silent tears. Four years. I had waited four years for this day, and when I got the chance to be in France I made sure to spend all my time with her.

I tug her tightly into my arms, my eyes closed as I inhaled a deep breath. More tears gathered in my chest when I heard her sobbing as she nuzzled her nose in my neck.

"I'll kick your bum if you rub your filthy nose content on my neck," I said in a whisper.

Her shoulders shook as she blew the salty wet liquid on my shoulder. Why did I expect her to do what was being asked of her? Maybe, because I missed her disobeying my orders and disrespecting her elder brother.