If you do it right, It's Great

Jennie starts dating Lisa within two hours of meeting her, because she's not an idiot. They get into a really heated argument about Rosé's new boyfriend; Jennie taking the 'he is too old for her' side with Lisa on 'she is an adult and you are being a dick' basically immediately, and they're having so much fun with it that they doesn't even notice Rosé slipping out of the apartment for her date.

"I think she might have planned this" Jennie tells her, with a smile.

Lisa snorts. "She did say if I ever met you, we were going to either murder each other or get married"

"Immediately?" She asks. "Was she envisioning either a homicide or a shotgun wedding?"

"Ideally both" says Lisa.

She laughs. "You did just describe my dream date" And then, because honestly arguing with Lisa was kind of awesome, and she's gorgeous. She says "Or we could just go on a regular date?"

"Yeah?"

"If you want, yeah"

She ducks her head. "Sure, I'd like that"

So they go to the thai place around the corner and get to know each other. Jennie finds out Lisa likes stealing from her plate (which is more endearing than annoying), that she's getting her masters in psychology and wants to work with kids.

Jennie already knew from Rosé that her family is rich but she doesn't really talk to them anymore, and that she's living in Rosé's crappy apartment because not talking to them also means not having access to their money. She'd assumed from her little sister's stories that Lisa was smart and funny and badass, and she confirms that she's all that and more.

Jennie tries to give her a quick first date kiss after, but Lisa catches the front of her shirt and keeps her there, and they make out for a few minutes against her car instead. When they pull back, Jennie lets herself reach out and tidy Lisa's hair where she's mussed it, unable to keep a silly grin off her face.

"Rosé's going to be insufferable" She says.

"I think we'll get by somehow" Lisa replies. She pecks her on the cheek, dry and chaste. "If you don't call me, I'm switching to murder"

She laughs. "Yeah, don't worry. I'm going to call"

Jennie doesn't even get a chance though; Lisa texts her that night with,

"I tried to tell rosé but she went off on a giant rant about how she knew we'd never stop arguing and she couldn't wait to see you murder me and it was just too hilarious. Oops"

"Leaving me all the cleanup huh? " She texts back and grinning again, but in the privacy of her own bedroom so no one ever has to know.

"She'll figure it out eventually right?"

"Absolutely. Also, are you free on tuesday?"

But Rosé doesn't figure it out. That's the really amazing part.

Jennie starts hanging out with them more because Lisa is there and she is genuinely kind of scarily crazy about her, even though it hasn't been that long.

Rosé has somehow become convinced that her sister is nursing a tragic, unrequited crush on her roommate, and regularly tells her that she should just suck it up and make a move because, "Really jen, she totally doesn't hate you!" and Jennie wonders how exactly she hasn't noticed that she and Lisa have been together for two months.