Tying the Knot

"Rosie please help my tie too."

She speaks into her chest looking down at the abysmal knot there and tugs it out to start again, flipping and twisting the ends in another halfhearted attempt to get it right. Jennie never wear suits and tie at anyone's wedding. This is her first time since she was losing the bet she made with Jisoo.

"But this is your sister's wedding, chu." she whined.

"So what? Even you're wearing trash bag, you still look perfect."

Rosé had been lucky; Jisoo had tied hers the night before so all she had to do was loop it over her head and cinch it up to her neck. Jennie was loathe to bother Jisoo on such a trivial matter especially when so many other things were going so wrong today.

Jennie pulls her hands away from her own neck, hoping against hope that somehow, magically, this time she did it correctly, but she groans and stamps her foot a little in frustration as her eyes take in the atrocity that is her latest iteration.

A light familiar chuckle sounds from across the room and her face immediately burns in embarrassment. She almost groans and stamps her foot again.

Why did it have to be her frenemy, of all people, that had to bear witness to her pouting petulantly like a child? It's Lisa!

Jennie's breath is swept away with sudden rapid beat of her stuttering heart because she looks.. well Lisa always looks beautiful but- she swallows hard against the sudden dryness in her throat and she can't look away.

Lisa's wearing yellow dress and it hugs her in all the right places with a plunging neckline that goes so low Jennie's eyes widen incrementally as she follows it down down down.

"Looks like you're having some trouble."

The smooth teasing timbre of Lisa's voice trickles down Jennie's spine and the fond smile that's directed her way is too dazzling to look at directly but that means her eyes inevitably drag down again to that dangerous sliver of skin-

Damn, I think I'm going to pass out.

To make matters worse Lisa and her devastating ensemble are coming closer and she forgets how to form words.

"Uhm.."

Yes, perfectly eloquent Jen, you idiot. She chastises herself.

But it's not entirely her fault. She's been especially tongued around her recently.

"Where's rosie?" She manages to croak, ripping her eyes from their fixation at Lisa's torso to look her frenemy in the eye like a friend is supposed to and not blatantly ogle their enemy like a creep.

One perfectly sculpted eyebrow rises, and painted lips pull at one corner with a smug knowing look that has Jennie's ears burning as much as her flaming cheeks. "In the restroom."

She replies easily, doe eyes trailing away from her face to rake over Jennie's appearance, and Jennie can see the way Lisa's eyes darken and dilate the smallest bit. It makes her racing heart thump deafeningly in her ears.

"Oh." The silence stretches a little between them and Jennie rushes to fill it before it becomes awkward. "I just needed her help with this." gesturing to her neck.

Her eyes light up with mirth. "Yes, you certainly do." and her smiles stretches. "The savage girl pouting over losing a fight with a tie." dry and droll as usual.