Forbidden

Took time to finally found hogwarts au that suits them. (me thinks)

It was a well known fact that Gryffindor and Slytherin students were never too fond of each other.

Both houses, as well as their residents, were led by the principals of their founders which caused the hatred between the two houses to continue even long after the founders of the houses have left this world. The main conflict arose when Salazar Slytherin wanted only pure-blood wizards to be accepted into Hogwarts, idea which didn't sit right with his best friend Godric Gryffindor who was 'the champion' for Muggle-borns. After their disagreement their friendship ended, and the two houses have been rivals ever since.

With the House Cup being held every year, the resentment between the houses could be felt every year, with every house trying to win it. While Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw competed as well, they were more on the neutral side, always earning the 3rd and 4th place in the House Cup, while Slytherin and Gryffindor always battled it out for the first place with Gryffindor snatching the title every year. However, this year Slytherin had an ace in their sleeve.

Finally, they had a new seeker for their Quidditch team and they were sure that the House Cup was going to be theirs this year. Now that their previous Seeker, DO Kyungsoo, had graduated and left Hogwarts, the title of the Seeker went to the brilliant Jennie Kim.

Jennie Kim was a 5th year student and she had most of Slytherin traits. She was ambitious and resourceful. Despite the fact that Seekers were commonly the smallest and lightest players on the team, she managed to prove herself as a very competent Seeker with her fast movements and strong desire for victory. She had perfect grades in all subjects and it was said that she never lost in any competition. She was known to be a very competitive person which was a great trait that Slytherin needed to finally snatch the House Cup from Gryffindor's hands.

The only thing that she lacked in Slytherin standards was her lack of cunningness. Sure, she loved pranks and she could be evil at times, but she always played fair. She didn't find any sort of joy in winning in a deceitful way which many Slytherin students resorted to. She was a pure-blood like everyone in Slytherin, and even though her father was strict, he taught her to always win in a right way, always quoting Israelmore Ayivor who once said:

'Every game has rules. Obey the rules, win the game; disobey the rule, lose it! The game of life has loser and winners. Play fairly and win!'

And so she did follow this advice, despite the disapproval of some Slytherin students, but nobody dared stand up to her since she was strong and powerful, so they feared her and respected her.

The funny thing was that she could have even ended up in Gryffindor. When she had first gotten into Hogwarts, she didn't know which house she would belong to. Her father was from Slytherin and her mother was from Hufflepuff, mother was another reason why she usually did the right thing since Hufflepuff valued fair play. So she had always guessed that she would be in Slytherin, after all her father told her that she had most of the traits that Slytherin students had.

Much to her surprise when the Sorting Hat was placed on her head it let out a very amused hum. Only her could hear what she was saying and the Sorting Hat said that she had a lot of traits for Slytherin, but she was also very brave, even to the point of recklessness, and short-tempered which were common traits of Gryffindor students.

While the Sorting Hat was pondering on where to place her, Jennie yawned and spotted her best friend Kim Jisoo, who got into Ravenclaw just a few minutes ago at their table.