Crash Into Me

will be posting requested plot/story one by one.

That was the last picture, their picture still hanging in her room.

A picture that was at around 5 in the afternoon. Jennie was sitting on their couch, basking on the light from the already setting sun, and Lisa was taking her in all her glory, looking like a goddess in the golden hour. It was captured when she decided to spend the day with Lisa before heading out to Wellington. Her smile was wide, and her big hoodie made her look like a lost child.

They were twenty two. And that was three years ago.

Lisa was completely out of college, having a decent paying job for a newly licensed architect, and now heading out of Auckland city for a months old project at Sydney. It wasn't until then that she decided to do a little bit of unboxing, to find their pictures still safely intact in one drawer.

There were letters written unclearly with a penmanship that's hard to read, but she knew the words too well. Some shirts were folded neatly, and at the outside of the box the name "JENNIE" was written in hasty writing.

She didn't mean to ponder at the thought, but the way it had been so clear, that exact same memory starts rushing back to her. With one hand, she rushed to open the book of their developed pictures, and the memory stings her. One of them was a polaroid of them dancing at a parking lot at night, and the other was a winter celebrated at the frozen lake. Pictures of Christmas and halloween costumes, friends they were associated with, anniversaries, and most importantly, Jennie's stolen polaroid pictures at bedroom during afternoon hang outs.

It was a lot to take in, but Lisa smiled at the way her cat eyes were always so vivid when exposed to the warm light. She was always sitting near their floor-to-ceiling window, looking down at strangers on the street while eating mint chocolate ice cream, grinning like a fool, but her eyes were always kind.

Jennie was the woman Lisa was in love with years before they were together, and she knew that no one can come close to what Jennie gave her. But the years weren't so kind to her, and now she's lost her, and she's never coming back.

An abrupt knock interrupted her thought, and she rushed to wipe the budding tears from her eyes.

"Yes?" She asked.

"It's me!" The man behind the door had said before she opened it for him. He stood at the doorway looking pleased to see the already clean room, looking rather excited than usual. "You cleaned up nice. Now we gotta go real fast before the flight. You don't want to miss the cliff side do you?"

She was quick to nod, shutting down the box and handing it to her brother, who kept shut when he saw the name written on it. She took a last look of her bedroom, and the image of Jennie looking at the window smiling burned her mind.

He was already running the engine when she got out of the house, locking the door behind her and taking a breath to stop herself from crying. Her seatbelt was buckled and ready, but it didn't change the hesitation on her mind.

"Rain check?" She asked him, and he scrolled through the phone to confirm it.

"Relax, okay?" He said. "No rain today. Anyway, expect a call from her mom, the box is already in the backseat."

"Can we stop at the shop? I requested some custom."

"No problem." He nodded.

It was an awful good day, she noticed. It was pretty windy and sunny at the same time, but clouds were still forming from the distance. Her voice was shaking and her hands were clammy, and her heart was beating remotely fast. The anxiety was building up in her, and she felt like she wanted to cry. It wasn't fair, everything. Why was the weather so good?