Checkmate

Lisa made it through approximately ten minutes before complaining about the power outage. It was all because the storm knocked out the power. She thought even though the power was out, she'd still be able to use her cell phone to entertain herself. But didn't last five minutes, she already got bored since she had been on her phone before the electric power off. That's when she finally decided to call Jennie.

"Jen, I'm bored.." She whined over the phone. "If I don't do something, I'll go crazy"

"Do you want me to come over?" Jennie replied.

"Yes, please, babe?"

"Alright. We can figure something out together later"

Within 30 minutes safe driving, she arrived at Lisa's apartment.

"What did people usually do when the power out?" Lisa asked after Jennie joined her on the couch.

She mindlessly playing with Lisa's finger. "Sleep?"

"No, the night's still young"

"I was asking mom before coming here, she handed me some play board games from the closet. Of course I refused, it's boring"

"Ugh, why not? It could entertain us for a while at least" She groaned, and suddenly she had an idea. "How about playing chess? Your chess board still here by the way"

Jennie was thinking for a second. "Okay, but don't whining if you lose"

"No promise" Lisa said before walking away to grab the chess board.

Jennie cleared the coffee table after Lisa back to living room. They set up the board, and moved the candles to the side. Lisa chose the white pieces and Jennie chose black.

"Let's make it more interesting" Jennie suggested, slapping twenty dollars beside the board.

"Nope, I won't let a dollar out just because chess game" Lisa thought for a moment, and she had a much better idea. "What if we strip instead? For each one of your pieces I capture, you have to take off one item of clothing and hand it to me"

Jennie's face lightened up and eyes went wide. "And the same applies if I capture one of your pieces?"

"Of course. And the first person to either run out of clothes or get caught in checkmate loses"

"I'm down!" She smirked, an excitement tone can be heard.

Jennie went first and moved one of her pawns. Lisa countered by moving one of hers, though doing it far enough away that Jennie wouldn't be able to take it. The next few moves were very tentative, as neither Lisa nor Jennie wished to be the first person to lose a piece on the board and an article of clothing. Inevitably, it did happen, and Lisa had to forfeit her sock after Jennie took her pawns.

She took off a sock and handed it to her. "These each count as one article"

"Fine" She took Lisa's socks, setting it down beside her. "Get used to that feeling. By the time I win this game, you'll have experienced it many times" She teased.

"Only as many as it takes to win," She countered, and as she finished the sentence, took one of Jennie rooks. "Pay up"

"You're enjoying this far too much," Jennie's turn to took off a sock and handed it to her. "But not for long"

And as she said that, she took one of Lisa's bishops. Frowning, Lisa took one of her own socks off and put it in her outstretched hand.