Extra Cream

When Jennie took this job six months ago, the last thing she had expected were celebrities walking in and ordering drinks from her.

When actress Kim Jisoo walks in, sunglasses on to cover those eyes. The tabloids like to call her 'Miss Perfect Dior', but in this moment she looks exactly like the bored employee you'd expect in a small cramped cafe on the edge of Los Angeles.

"Hello, welcome to Cali's. What can I get you?" Jennie sounds a bit like a polite mid-western news reporter and she's proud of herself for not verbalizing just how cool it is that a celebrity is standing in front of her.

"Um, a large latte with four shots of espresso."

"Rough night?" She offers sympathetically as she punches in the order.

She will definitely write a memoir of her life just to eternalize the moment where she surprised the actress.

"Um, yeah, kinda."

She's just as charming as the magazines make her out to be. (Not that she reads them, she doesn't need to when Jisoo's on the front page)

"Well, I hope it gets better. Your total is $6.25."

It's hard to tell how she's reacting now, because it's not as visible as last time because of the sunglasses, but Jennie suspects she's still somewhat taken back.

She swipes the card, hands her the receipt and makes the latte since it's early enough in the morning and she's the only one on staff till the other coworkers gets here.

She works in silence, and Jisoo looks at her phone as the speakers play out the smooth jazz playlist the owner had specifically made.

"Here you go." She says, calling the actress' attention and holding out the cup. "By the way, I thought your last movie was really good."

She will write in her memoir that she had succeeded in surprising Kim Jisoo twice.

"Oh, um, thanks, have a good day."

She allows a half smile to grace her face as she waves. "You too."

It turns out that was just the beginning.

Jisoo's equally famous best friend, Roseanne Park, the famous singer, shows up a few days later. She, on the other hand, makes no effort to hide her appearance. The perfect angel's voice, as they said, steps up to the counter with a challenge written on her face. The singer is approaching her as though she expects her to falter.

"Hello, welcome to Cali's. What can I get you?" And the polite mid-western newscaster is back. Maybe she should try to work in Minnesota next, that's an accent that just screams politeness.

"I'd like a pumpkin latte with 1 pump maple pecan, 5 pumps pumpkin, with almond milk and a light caramel drizzle with light foam and extra vanilla powder."

"Sure thing. What size?" She asks, not missing a beat as she scribbles it down and proceeds to punch in her order.

Rosé's eyes harden for a moment as her mouth purses, and that's going in Jennie's memoir too.

"Large."

"Alright, your total is $8.32."

She swipes her card, hands it back with as much polite boredom as she can manage (which is difficult). But she thinks Rosé is here to challenge her, and Jennie's not sure when she signed up to be facing off to celebrities, but she's here now.