I Know You by Heart

Lisa wasn't a morning person, but over time, she'd grown to love it a little more. Mainly because waking up next to the girl she loved was the perfect way to start her day. Contrary to popular opinion, Mondays were her favorite days. They both had off work, so they could spend as long as they wanted in bed together.

When she woke up this morning, Jennie was already awake. She couldn't see her because her face was pressed against Jennie's chest, but she felt her fingers trail up and down her back gently. She groaned quietly, wiggling closer to her.

"Good morning" She said, her smile audible in her morning voice. Lisa just hummed grumpily, making her chuckle. Jennie pressed a kiss to the top of her head. "It's not even early, don't get mad at me."

"Wuh time's it?" She slurred, leaning back to rub at her face.

"Nine-thirty." She answered.

Lisa finally opened her eyes after rubbing them for a few seconds and she looked up at her. Jennie looked unfairly good all the time, but especially in the morning. People shouldn't look that attractive so early, and somehow, she did.

Jennie pressed a kiss to her nose, and she wrinkled it in response. "Happy Valentine's Day, lili" She murmured.

Her scrunched-up face smoothed out into a soft smile. That was another thing she'd grown to love over the years: Valentine's Day. Also known as an excuse for them to spoil each other with love and gifts. They had an unspoken agreement where they took turns making the plans for today, and this year was Jennie's turn.

"Happy Valentine's Day, nini" She echoed, tilting her head up for a real kiss.

Her body pressed hers into the mattress and Lisa wrapped her arms around her shoulders, intent on keeping her there. But Jennie pulled away all too soon. She hummed with a frown.

"We have plans today," Jennie said. "And it starts with me making you breakfast. What do you want?"

"You" She murmured, shamelessly reaching for her again.

Jennie laughed and leaned down for another kiss, but she still didn't let it last. "So pancakes?" She whispered, lips brushing against her jaw.

She sighed. "I suppose that's a good second choice."

Jennie pressed one last kiss to her lips, and pulled herself out of bed, despite her protests. She held out her hands for her. "Do you want to go back to sleep or come out there with me?" She asked.

Lisa debated going back to bed or even going to shower, but ultimately decided to follow her out to the kitchen. She sat herself up on the counter and watched as Jennie moved around the kitchen and made them pancakes. Lisa was not to be trusted at the stove, but she could manage washing off some fruit and cutting it up. They sat at their breakfast counter, feet kicking at each other lightly as she tried to pry her plans out of hers. She didn't relent though, keeping it a secret.

"Go shower and get all cute," Jennie said, pressing kisses to her cheeks. "I'll clean up."

"Mm, you're not gonna shower with me?" Lisa asked, smiling up at her.

"We're on a schedule, and I will certainly get distracted if we shower together," She replied.

Lisa chuckled, pressing one last kiss to her lips before heading to their bathroom. She was a tiny bit disappointed that she wasn't coming with her, but she was excited to see her plans.