Chapter 3

A month later:

Autumn POV:

I groan as I load the last box into my trunk, finally the last box. I slam the trunk shut as I can hear footsteps behind me, I turn around, and there stands my mother, failing to hide the sad and painful expression on her face and has a hand placed across her chest.

I knew instantly what she was thinking, so I ran up to me and hugged her as tightly as I possibly could.

"It's just like that first day of college, you packing up and leaving us" My mom tearfully said. "It was so nice having you around for some time"

It really was nice living with my parents again, I felt like a teenager all over again, who didn't have to worry about a super stressed out adult life. As a teenager, you can just live with the comfort of parents, and just have fun and figure out your life as you grow older. I miss that as an adult sometimes.

Time really flies by one says.

Now, I'm slowly starting to move on with my life, for the past two and a half weeks, I've been searching and touring apartments, and in that search, I have found the perfect place, it's close to where I work, good distance from my parents house, so that I can stop by to visit and eat dinner with them, and more importantly, it's nowhere near the apartment that me and Mattew's old apartment is, so I won't run into him any time soon.

If he still lives there.

My dad comes out the front door and walks towards me and mom, and bear hugs us both.

"I really am going to miss you sweetheart" my dad says.

"I'm going to miss both of you guys so much" I said back, hugging them tighter.

After silently squeezing the air out of each other's lungs, my parents are both standing at the door of my car as I start up my car and say my goodbyes.

"Make sure you call after you've arrive to your apartment, and don't forget to call us sometime to check in to see how you're doing, oh and don't forget, you can stop by the house at anytime, you make sure-"

"Honey, no need to stress out, but do make sure you are keeping yourself safe" My father interrupts her as he puts his arm around her, calming her down.

"By the way, I have a present for you" My dad says as he pulls out a wrap up box with a bow on top of this. "The world can be a dangerous place, and living on your own can be scary so carry this around you at all times"

I took the present, and started to tear it open, feeling like Christmas again, I threw the trash in my passenger seat. The present revealed a baby blue taser, I gasp, I've always wanted one, but mom insisted that I would use it irresponsibly.

"Please stay safe" My mother said

"I will, love you guys" I waved as I drove off.

In my apartment, there are just boxes everywhere. My parents suggested they come and help, but I didn't want to disturb their peace, plus I got to learn how to be more independent and survive on my own. I never ever done this before besides having a apartment with Matthew but I'm on my own now.

I've ordered take out to help pass the time, just later in the afternoon, while I was still unpacking, when my phone rings, I pause what I'm doing and answer it.

"You, me and this new restaurant, and celebrating that you got your own apartment!"

Mel screamed, my best friend of ten plus years, we basically knew each other since elementary school, she was the one friend that I can turn to when I'm having a hard time. After the break up was finalized, she was the shoulder I would cry on, we were each other's biggest supporters.