Chapter 6

Autumn POV:

As the weekend rolls around, I'm sitting on the couch just staring into space as I keep thinking about how weird it was to see Mattew again.

Normally when I see him, I would just be flustered over my words but he doesn't have that effect on me anymore.

Now all he does is just makes me angry, and seeing him yesterday just makes me want to bash his eyes out of his skull. I sign as thinking about him over and over again even after the split and how it will get me nowhere but misery.

Just as I got up from the couch, my phone rings and on the caller id, it shows Damian. I smiled to myself as I went to answer it.

"Hey" I said, as I'm trying to hide my excitement and smile.

"Hey, what are you doing right now?" He asked.

"Um, I'm- well- I don't know, I just been sitting on my couch and-" I mentally slap myself for fuddling over my words and making myself sound like a complete idiot.

He chuckles over the phone, almost like he's teasing me for messing up my words, he then asks, "Do you mind if I come over? I kinda miss you right now"

"Um, yeah sure, you can swing by I guess" I say "I'll send my address and apartment number"

"Okay, I'll be there shortly"

As he hangs up, I feel back onto my couch as I recall the most embarrassing reply I made to someone, humbling at its finest for me.

A few minutes goes by after our phone call and sending Damian my address information, my doorbell rings. I go to open it and there stands him, wearing the most casual clothes and a smile on his face, it made me smile as well.

I step aside to let him in, and his eyes scan the apartment. Before he got here, the place was a huge mess, so naturally I cleaned up quickly. He then walks over to the couch and takes a seat on it, he pats the spot next to him.

"Come, sit down and talk to me about your day" He smirks.

I rush over to him and take a seat next to him on the couch, my legs crossed as my body is facing towards him. Damian has his arm rested on top of the couch as his eyes are scanning my face, like he's trying to connect some dots.

"How was your day so far?" He asks, breaking the silence.

"Um, you know, I haven't really done anything so far, just been thinking" I answered.

"About what?" He ask curiously.

To this, I hesitate, I've been complaining about Matthew ever since we met that I worry that he might get bored of me once I stop complaining about him and we have nothing to talk about anymore. Plus what if he can't share his problems with me because of my struggles right now? I wouldn't want him to feel that way.

"Hey, you know you can tell me anything that's bothering you, right?" He said, grabbing my attention, he must have sensed my silence for hesitation.

"Well" I stated off, taking my eyes off him, "It's about Matthew"

I hear him sign, "What did he do"

"You don't have to listen if you don't want to, I understand it might be boring for you"

"No, in fact this guy is actually sounds interesting every time I hear about him" He pauses "It doesn't bother me at all"

He once again grabbed my chin to make me look at him. Now looking at him, he seems so genuine with his answer.

I pulled my chin away from him in a kinda joking way, not wanting him to notice the warmth creeping up on my face.

"Well, since the break off, I haven't seen him at all until yesterday, when I was getting a drink at a cafe, I was standing behind him in line and then he turned around" I pause, thinking back on how I should of said something, anything "I couldn't get a word out and he just left"