Chapter 10

Autumn POV:

Being with someone completely different can change your perspective on things, especially relationships– for example, if you're so used to doing one certain thing all the time with someone then you get with a different person and you no longer do that, it changes your view on relationships.

That's what I learned when I started a relationship with Damian, it was so different then what I was used to, but I'm not complaining, ever since we went out on that date and made the relationship official that same day, I felt even more comfortable and happy.

Our relationship is just like any other relationship, we check up on each other, we visit each other whenever we can and we listen to each other vent when we need to.

Damian Piere is a wonderful person to be with, he's caring, and lovely, I don't know how I didn't meet him before, but I guess the universe wanted us to meet each other in our somewhat lowest points of life a few months ago.

                                         *

Right now, I am currently walking to Damian's job as we agree to head back to my place to chill after he gets off of work. When I walk in, and the host lets me follow them to my table, I notice someone familiar, when I walk past them, that's when I see him again.

Of course, Matthew had to be at the same place and the exact time I'm here, it's like the universe wants to torture me with Mattew's presents.

I pray to god that he won't notice me and just eat his food as fast as possible and leave.

When I'm seated at my table, of course– he looks up from his phone at me, I quickly look down to avoid his eyes, but I can feel his eyes burning into my skull.

I kept my eyes down as I hoped that he would stop looking at me, I briefly looked up and I gasped silently, as he's standing over my table right now, looking down at me.

A cold sweat sweeps across my body.

I held his gaze for about a minute, he looked like he's going to say something but no word came out.

"What do you want Mattew?" I finally asked, breaking the tense silence.

Without even asking, he pulls out a table across from me and just sits down, not even asking if I wanted him to sit there.

"I need to talk to you" He says firmly.

My eyebrow knitted together, is he serious right now? First he canceled our wedding and doesn't talk to me without a reason, then he ghosts me. Then instead of him, his mother brought back my stuff and whenever we did see each other, he just left without saying anything.

Is he actually serious right now?

Does he really think he's going to easily talk to me? After doing all that to me, the pain that he caused me, crying myself to sleep every night for weeks, wondering what I did wrong.

As he waits for me to answer, his hands are clenching together, his knee is bouncing up and down, I have known him for quite some time to know what he's feeling.

He's nervous, he's nervous at the fact that what he did was wrong, knowing he purposefully avoided me, knowing he is going to be confronted about all the shit that went down between us.

I can't make someone marry me, I know that, but Mattew leading me on, making me think we were going to have a good life together, and then just leaving me altogether is what I'm mad for.

At this point, it's useless, I don't want to hear him out, I don't care what happened, I just want to move on with my new relationship and my life.

"No" I said.