Chapter 5

Autumn POV:

As I'm working on editing for someone, I still think back to the moment where Damian asked me what's wrong at the library, where he pinned me against the wall and told me I deserve better than Mattew and his childish plays.

To be honest, I feel like I don't deserve much in life, sometimes I take life for granted and think 'How did I get all these things in my life' then I remember some people don't even have half of the things I get. That makes me feel like I'm ungrateful for my blessings.

When Mattew left me, I thought it was karma for thinking about the negative things in my life. But sometimes I have to remind myself that life outside of my own is not in my control, and that some people choose to make an effort to better their life.

Now lately, Damian is making me feel like I can get more out of life as much as I can. And that might be a crazy thing considering we only met a few months ago but the gestures he has done makes me wonder.

As I thought about all these things, I realized my shift at the office is over, thinking can really make time fly by.

As I'm packing up my stuff to leave, another co-worker of mine, Piper, leans against my door and asks if I would like to go and get some coffee and chat.

I had nothing planned and Damian was busy at the restaurant. In one of our conversations, he mentioned how long he has been at the restaurant for, he said he has been working there for almost six years. He sounded like he really loves his job, he lights up over the phone when he talks about it.

As me and Piper are making our way to the coffee shop together, the shop is only a little walk from the office. I caught myself thinking about what Damian is doing or thinking right now. I shake my head, and try to focus on what is going on right now.

Piper grabs a table for us while I get in line to order. Piper already brought a drink from work, so we don't lose our spot in the shop. The person in front of me orders their drinks but I don't pay attention, I should have, because when that person turns around to wait for their drink to be made, they lock eyes with me and it's the last person I want to see right now at this moment.

Mattew is staring at me with wide eyes and flushed cheeks like he doesn't want to see me either. I locked eyes with him, refusing to look away, my mind and heart are going way too fast for me to keep up.

All I want to do is pull him into a table with me and just explode with questions. Why did you leave? Why did you ghost me? Why was your mother at my work? What are you doing right now with your life?

I was about to say something, but then his drink got called, he quickly rushed to the counter, swiped his drink fast and bashed out the door, without giving me a second glance.

I stood there for a second, until I realized I'm next in line and the line behind me was getting bigger. I quickly ordered, knowing the cashier was pissed that I held up the line.

Once I had my drink, I sat down at the table with Piper, she must have seen the whole scene where I was just staring at Matthew.

"Who is that?" Piper curiously asked, taking a sip of her water she brought from work.

I waved my hand, brushing her off. "He was just a very old friend of mine from high school, I just haven't seen him in a long time"

She nodded, taking in my explanation. Piper and I are mainly work buddies, she doesn't know much about my personal life just like I don't know much about hers. But she is a cheerful person to be around, and sometimes I like to have that in my life while unfortunate things are happening. Plus she is a really good person to talk to.

The rest of the time, I was zoning out half of the time. I tried to pay attention to the things Piper was saying but all I can think about is Mattew, it's weird, just casually seeing him going on with his normal day, probably not even thinking about what he has done.

There was so much I wanted to say, but the words were coming so quickly in and out of my head that my mouth couldn't keep up and not get a word out.

How can he do that to me? I've been through so much emotional pain and I'm still recovering from this, now I feel like I'm back to square one, just constantly thinking about what went wrong, and what I could have done to make it better.

The least his weak-ass could do is give me an explanation, it may not be the solution to my healing but at least it will put my mind at ease.

Then I started to trace back to the first time I met Damian, he was there when I was at my square one, my lowest.

He was there by accident.

I'm pretty sure I was meant to meet Damian, because now he is another person in my life that I look forward to seeing every day.

                                      *

After me and Piper talked and caught up, we parted ways as she had something to do right afterwards and as for me, I just wanted to go home and think about what just happened with Mattew and what I'm going to do about it in the future, because I can't keep this up. When I think I have my life together then he or someone related to him pops up out of nowhere, it brings backs all the emotions I had during my heartbreak, its exhausting.

All I want to do is get over this whole thing, even though Mattew was an important part of my life, it's time to move on.

Piper already said her goodbye and made her way out as I was throwing away my cup. As I stepped out into the busy streets of Texas, I made my way back to my car that was in the office parking lot.

I should have paid more attention as I was walking and looking down at my phone, because a few seconds laters, I ran into someone, dropping my phone in the process of it. I go to grab my phone but the person I bumped into is already picking it up for me.

"Sorry, my apologies" He says as he hands my phone back.

"No, I should've watched where I was going" I quickly said.

Now that I have got a good look at him, he looks so familiar but I can't put my finger on it. He has soft brown eyes, fluffy hair and a unique style to him, I swear, I have seen him around before.

He looks like someone I know.

As we quickly apologized once more, we both continued on with our way. As I continued walking, I couldn't help it, but I turned around because there's something familiar about him. His back was facing me then suddenly he turned around and stared at me as well, then he smirk, turned back around and walked off.

 His back was facing me then suddenly he turned around and stared at me as well, then he smirk, turned back around and walked off

Yay another chapter completed!

What do you think about Matthew so far?

Do you you think mystery boy is?

-Summer Roe