Chapter 17

Autumn POV:

The club is very crowded tonight.

That was the vibe when me and Damian couldn't find a parking spot for at least twenty minutes, so we just ended up settling for a space that was a long walking distance from the entrance of the club.

Neither Damian or I had ever been to this club before, mainly because it was in another part of the city that wasn't close by.

As we entered, music was blasting into our ears, and I could feel the beat and vibration in my body–there were people dancing so crazy and loosely all around.

It reminded me of my college years when I finally turned twenty one, and I celebrated my birthday by going to the club for the first time.

That night ended with me throwing up in the bathroom for a few hours due to the amount of alcohol I consumed but couldn't handle.

As Damian held my hand as we moved through the dancing crowd, the music got even louder as I imagined– thank god I got ear plugs so I don't go deaf by my thirties.

It took us a while but we finally found Noah and James. They were sitting at the bar, and laughing very loudly as we approached them. They seemed to have a few drinks before we got here, mainly Noah.

"Hey!" Noah said very loudly as he saw us, slightly catching the attention of other people and some bartenders.

"Hey guys, glad you can make it" James greeted us, patting two seats next to him, indicating for us to sit down.

As we sat down, Noah made it a mission for us to take a shot with him–we didn't even have a full conversion yet, and we are already taking a shot, but I'm not complaining.

James decided not to, because he figured that he would be the one driving back. I offered that I could drive but he kindly declined my offer.

Since Noah and Jame took the uber, we can drive Damian's car, and he is fine with it.

After we had taken a few shots, I actually got to know Noah and James more. It was hard to hear because of the people around us and the constant blast of the music, but I was able to understand most of what they were saying.

I learned that Noah is the much more chill back kind of friend, even though he is crazy at times (suggested by Damian and James), he can be the most calmest person anyone can know.

Like if we were to get robbed off the streets, then I guess he would be calm about it, I don't know how, that's a trait I can't seem to master.

In almost every situation I have been in, big or small, I can't seem to calm myself down over it. Even after I found the solution to a problem, I will think about it forever, thinking of how I should have handled it, or how it would have turned out differently if I did this or that.

I expressed this concern to Noah and he offered me advice on how to be more in control of my overthinking, the best way he handles these things is taking deep breaths.

I never was a fan of that so I informed him that I will think about it and will try.

As me and Noah kept talking, he suddenly stopped and went over to Damian, leaving me confused.

Damian and Noah started talking and as they continued, they seemed to get really aggressive with each other, verbally, it seemed like they were arguing over something.

As James and I observed them, like animals in the wild, he turned to me and shook his head.

I learned a couple of things about James as well.