Chapter 9

A week later:

Autumn POV:

It's been a week since me and Damian both confessed our feelings for each other. And soon, days after we confessed to each other, Damian called me after work to ask me on a date, of course I said yes.

Ever since then, I've been scrambling to find the perfect outfit. He mentioned that we are going to be walking a lot so I should wear something comfortable. 

After I deemed the perfect outfit for the date, I waited on the couch anxiously, my leg kept bouncing as I worried about a lot of things that could happen, what if he doesn't like my outfit, what if he cancels the date for whatever reason and even more. All the what ifs going in and out of my head, making me more nervous.

It's not like I haven't been on a date before but with a totally new person, it can be nerve wrecking to say the least.

When there is knocking on the door, I jump up from the couch and before opening the door, I check myself out in the mirror, making sure there are no flaws to my entire fit. Once I decide that I'm good to go, then I take a deep breath and open the door.

There stands Damian, he isn't overdressed or underdressed, instead he is wearing a simple flannel shirt with black jeans as I'm wearing a sweatshirt and a skirt.

I notice that one hand is behind his back, and what he pulls out is a bouquet of red roses, I squeal as I take them from his hand. I thanked him as I set them on the counter, and looked back at him.

Damian looks me up and down and when his eyes look back at mine, he smiles and asks, "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah" I say smiling. From there he gently grabs my hand, leading me out of the door and into the elevator. When we get to his car, he opens the car door for me, and once I'm in his car, Damian heads to the driver's seat and drives off to whatever we are going.

*

The drive was at least a half an hour, and at one point I drifted off to sleep, but Damian didn't say anything, he just let me sleep.

When I felt the car stopping and a hand gently shaking my shoulder, I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. We are at a huge aquarium, and it looks like it's packed today.

I smile as I think about how long it's been since I've been here. I looked over at Damian as he was already looking at me.

"We can go somewhere else if you want, or we can plan this another time if you're too tired." He suggested.

"Are you kidding me?" I shockingly ask, "Of course I want to go to the aquarium, do you know how long it's been?"

"Not really, so this reaction means you're still up for this date?"

"Yeah!" I say excitedly "What are we waiting for!?" I say as I door the car and practically jump out, all while Damian is laughing at me as he gets out of the car as well.

As we made our way throughout the aquarium, I admit that since it's been forever since I went here, I may or may not have dragged Damian to everything they have to offer. But Damian didn't complain at all, he just let me roam around and explore all over.

We also shared some conversations about work and life. I recently just found out that he had an older brother, which is shocking to me because he always seems like the older brother or just the only child. I asked about his older brother, but he didn't say much about him so I didn't push it.

To change the topic, I bring up that I always wanted a pet, preferably a cat, this excites him somehow, because he says that he has a cat named Bunny and I excitedly suggested that I should come over sometime and meet Bunny and he agreed.