Epilogue

A couple months later

Autumn POV:

For the first time in months, I truly feel safe, like I can actually relax without worrying that Matthew, Elizabeth or his parents are going to appear out of nowhere.

I mean I still have to look over my shoulder from time to time, (never know if someone is going to try and do something). Thank god I still have my taser on me at all times.

It's been officially two months since I got the restraining order against the Knight family and I still can remember the face that Matthew made when the judge granted me the order, it's almost like he couldn't believe that I would actually go through with something like this.

But deep down, I do feel bad for Elizebeth, I mean clearly, she didn't know what she was getting into with Matthew and plus the whole thing of her not being able to have children, but really wants a family.

I can't imagine what she was feeling inside. I just hope she takes care of herself if she continues being with Matthew.

That being said, I can say that I'm proud of myself, I let go of what isn't for me, many people struggle at that stage.

As I thought about it, I suddenly remembered that I'm at work, I had spaced out again.

I finished all my work for today so I had some free time left over, and I'm using that time to plan my first book.

I mentioned to Damian a few times that I would love to write my own book and get it published. Since I had a degree in creative writing, Damian encouraged me to start and nothing should get in the way of that.

It would make sense though, to switch over to writing, since I edit a lot of the books that go onto the shelfs, I have some experience with the whole publishing thing.

Besides I don't want to work the rest of my life to achieve someone else's dream, I won't allow myself to go down that path.

As I thought of that as my motivation throughout the entire process that I started, it seems like it's not really working at the moment. I stare back at the few pages I have written.

How do authors and writers do it? It seemed so easy from a standpoint because when I read romance books, I easily thought that I could write this, but nope.

I read and reread what I wrote so far, the plot makes sense, the characters seem decent enough. It's just the words inside my head are not translating into the screen in front of me.

It's like my brian is thinking way too fast for my hands to type up on the keyboard.

A few minutes goes by and my alarm goes off, indicating that my shift at the office is over, and I'm left to face another challenge.

I say my goodbyes to Piper as she offers to stay late for someone, I head towards the front door, my heels clicking as I lengthen my stride because of how much these heels hurt my feet.

Got to dress to impress.

I head outside and look around for Damian, since he drove me to work after all because of the plans we have for afterwards.

I look around some more and Damian is there, waiting for me. He's as handsome as ever as he leans on his car. I smiled as I headed towards him as he started to walk towards me too. We met midway and I gave him a peck on his lips, as I took comfort in his warmth.

"Hi" I simply said.

"Hello to you too" He said, kissing the top of my head.

We both make our way to his car, as he opens the passenger door for me, I hop in, immediately taking off my heels, releasing the throbbing pain from my feet.