Chapter 1

Grace thought about the hot sun and the cool water at the pools, Lacey tugged on the leash pulling her back down to reality. "Grace, over here" called Star, one of Grace's best friends, next to her Clara skips towards Grace and gives her a wave. "Hey Star, hey Clara. Me, Lacey and Abby are heading to the pools later this afternoon, wanna join us'' "Yes please, it's boiling hot today" Clara replied. Lacey has a big woof in agreement. They all walked down to Grace's house chatting happily. Once they reached her house Grace pushed the door open, Abby was tambling down the stairs with a bag full of towels and a beachball. "Let me help you with that" Clara grabbed the bag up and hoisted it over her shoulder. "Come on who wants to enjoy an afternoon of sun, fun and deadly water fights" "Me" They all chorused. As they walked to the pool a navy blue and pink poster caught Grace's eye, she approached it and was shocked by what she saw, the poster read: "The Mccoy's star Dance Academy: Come join the best dance school in town, with multiple competition wins under our belt and so well known, dance with us and big opportunities will come to you." Below the title and catchphrase there was a section of information. "Our academy is a family business run by us Mcoy's, the academy will soon be passed on to our two children, Clara and Madison. Dancing is our life and we would like to instill our passion into other bright and determined souls" "Clara you didn't tell me you owned the Mcoy academy" Grace blurted out. Clara's cheeks flushed with a deep pink. "Umn yeah but we haven't gotten many admissions since the Hawthornes stole our ancient pointe shoes and opened their own academy, the pointe shoes were said to have the ballet secret" Clara clapped her hand over her mouth as if she had revealed too much. "Well that's terrible" Abby responded. "Let's forget the pools, we should sit down and talk. Grace gestured towards a bench.