Closure. 19

(Please comment, share, and vote.)

That's... my body... why am I able to see myself lying on the hospital bed being attached to multiple machines and needles... Is this an out of body experience?

Or... Am I dead?

You listened to the beep sounds coming from the mechanical ventilator so you shook your head. No no I'm still alive... so why am I here?... and not in my body?...

You watched Eren as he held your hand while he cried repeatedly saying how this was his fault.

"No. Eren it's not your fault! Please don't say that!" He couldn't hear you... you reached your hand out touching his arm. He shivers and looks around while having a confused expression as he saw no one there.

Am I in a coma?

"Y/n... love. Please come back to me. I can't live with myself knowing that I couldn't keep our promise. I-I love you."

"I always knew you two loved one another..." The familiar voice says causing you to jump. You turned seeing... your dead sister.

Mariah.

"Mariah?!" You ran to her but she holds her hand out while smiling.

"We can't touch... you'd officially really die."

"Then... I'm not dead?"

"You almost were..."

"Wait... then how am I able to see you right now?"

"'Cause you're in the middle of life... and death at this second. The moment we hug you would of heard the machine notifying that your heart and breathing has stop."

"Why?"

"Cause I'm dead and you're not sis." You turned to Eren seeing his red eyes and the stress in his face.

You began to feel extreme guilt.

"Maybe it would of been better if he never fell in love with me... or if we just never met."

"What? What makes you say that?" You sighed and looked at your sister still being shocked with the fact that you can see her.

"Look at him. He's in pain. I caused him pain... I bring pain into others life Mariah."

"You don't seriously... believe that right?"

"I do. I can't bare to see him in pain and guilt. He doesn't understand that this isn't his doing... he thinks it's his fault." A nurse comes in and sees the state Eren is in and sighs.

"She'll be okay, she will wake up. Due to the blood loss from the gunshot wound to her stomach, she's just unconscious for the time being but she will indeed wake up. This isn't your fault there was nothing you could do." He just stood quiet and nods and waits for her to leave.

"I'll be back love... I'm gonna check on Reiner and bertholdt." He gets up and begins walking to the door and you follow him but began to feel dizzy and weak.

"No. Don't follow him, you can't be far from your body sis it's dangerous."

"How so?"

"Well for one you could really die... and two, evil spirits could possess it. Don't go far." You began to feel overwhelmed but kept your composure.

"Are you... disappointed in me?"

"What? Why would I be?"

"I promised you... that I would never do drugs again or attempt to end it all."