episode 1 || two friends begin

"Lighten up, Aria! You should be thankful your mother's at least breathing," Sakura smiles as we made our way out of the hospital.

"But I am thankful." I stated. "You don't look it," she frowned a bit. "But then again, you never look pleased." She thought out loud and walked away.

I gave a light smile. I followed behind her as we began clearing out the streets. "Where should we go eat?" She asked as we crossed a busy street of people. "I'm not sure." I answered. "How about Tenashis Ten Stars?" She asked. "Eh. I'm not feeling fancy." I shrugged.

"Alright. What about some fast food? Fumikos American Burgers?" She suggested. "Okay." I replied. "Yay! Let's check the nearest Fumikos American Burgers..." she opened her phone to check. "Just six minutes away! Lucky us!" She beamed. "Yay."

"Hurry up, or we'll miss the chance to cross the road! I'll race you!" She chimed. I grinned. We both dashed across a second road at just four seconds to cross. I ended up winning the race. "Yeah, well it was a biased match, anyways!" She fumed playfully.

"How?" I let out a breathy chuckle. "How? Because you're on the division one track team!" She exclaimed. "You were the one who suggested the race," I pointed out with a smirk. "Whatever. Let's keep walking, I'm hungry." She said.

We walked six minutes to the restaurant, Sakura making conversation on the way. "I can't wait for school to finally be over! Ooh, to at last be working officially at the hospital as a doctor and not just taking notes and admiring," she said, clapping her hands together.

"Well, make sure you visit me." I said. "That's right! I forgot you'll be in the lab instead." Sakura giggled. "How did you forget your classes are on the other side of campus as mine?" I teased. "I don't know," she sighed with a smile. "I guess since we're always hanging out, I kinda forgot our occupations are different."

"Hm. Well, we're here." I said. "Finally! I'm starving!" She expressed, running to the doors. An elderly couple was about to go in. She held the door for them. They thanked her politely and headed inside. She kept the door open for me, passing me a bright smile.

I smirked and walked inside, Sakura skipping behind me. "Gosh, it's pretty crowded today, isn't it?" She said, looking up at the menu. "What're you having?" She asked me. "Number three." I answered, looking around the place. It seemed like every table was full.

We ordered and sat down at a two-person table. Waiters were scrambling all over the place, taking people's orders and delivering food to tables. "Now we wait." She chirped. "How exciting." I say sarcastically, taking my phone out and opening social media.

"Mmm, what should we talk about? Let's see...ooh! My one year anniversary with Hiro is coming up! That's pretty important, isn't it?" She asked. "No."

"What should I get him? Maybe a new watch? He's been bugging me about his old one. Yes, I'll get him that. What else? A pair of new earbuds! Perfect!" She said gleefully. "Sakura, isn't it your anniversary in four months?" I looked up from my phone at her.

"Yeah...then I'll get him a six month anniversary present!" She smiled. I rolled my eyes. "Please. You're acting as if Hiroshi deserves the world." I went back to my phone. "But he does! He's so sweet, and smart, and generous!" She smiled dreamily. "You should break up with him." I said from the blue.

That got her attention. "What?! Why? Does he bother you?" She asked with a sad frown. "Yes." I said stiffly. "But...but I couldn't do that. I love him. And he loves me too!" Sakura quickly remarked. "He's not what he seems, Sakura," I warned. "I'm not breaking up with him just because you don't like him, Aria." She said sternly.

"Sakura, Hiroshi's-"
"I'm not breaking up with him, end of discussion."

I looked down at my phone in anger and guilt. I should tell her. But she's already pissed at me. We went into silence.