episode 18 || deals to the past

We glared at each other, about to latch out into a huge argument again. "Is this a fight going on?" We all turned to look. It was Hatter, making his way to us.

"Back off, Hatter. This doesn't concern you." Aguni told him. "I can't do that." Hatter said. "As Number One, I'm obligated to maintain order at the Beach."

"Could you let off the newcomers on my account, Aguni?" He asked, coming closer to stand in front of him. They stared at each other, tension raising. When Aguni stayed silent, Hatter turned to us. "Niragi?"

"I only take orders from the boss." He said back. Hatter looked back at Aguni and stepped closer. "Then let me ask your boss. Who's your boss, Aguni?"

Aguni turned to face Hatter now. "It's you, right?" He said. Silence and more tension before Hatter and him. Hatter told him something to turn to us again.

The militants followed behind Aguni. But Niragi gripped my wrist tightly again and went down to my ear. "We're not done with this." He whispered. I glared at him. He glared back before going back to Aguni.

"All executive members are to gather in the meeting room." Hatter told everyone. I stayed behind. "Aria?" Hatter looked at me. "Yes?" I said sharply. "What're you waiting for?" He asked me. "I'm waiting for you to clear out." I told him.

"Well aren't you a little feisty one?" He grinned. I kept a straight face. He nodded for me to go. I did with annoyance. "Arisu. Go with her." Hatter said. "I've heard your potential from An." He added.

I waited for Arisu so we could walk together. We then made our way inside, both silent for a while before he spoke. "Thank you." He said. "For what?" I asked. "For helping me back there." He added. "Oh. Yeah."

"I didn't know you were apart of the Beach." He said. "Same towards you. When'd you arrive?" I asked. "Just today." He answered. "Isn't that fantastic." I said. "Uh, yeah."

We went quite again as I lead him behind everyone else who was heading towards the meeting room. "I see your legs healed." He mentioned. "Yeah. It wasn't that bad." I said. He nodded.

"I see your arms healing as well," I said, remembering he took a bullet for me. "Yeah. It's doing pretty good." He nodded. I nodded back, going into silence.

"Hey, I never got to thank you that day. For...saving me." I said, cringing a bit. "Oh. Don't worry about it. That's what friends are for." He smiled. I looked away and stared down at the floor, smiling a bit. "Right. Friends." I nodded.

"Was that you a few minutes ago?" He asked. I frowned, confused. "Who I bumped shoulders into, I mean." He clarified. "Oh. I think so." I said. "No wonder you looked familiar." He said. "I noticed that too." I told him.

It was awkward again, neither of us knowing what to say as we walked. "Hey, uh, I don't wanna be weird saying this but...are you and that guy back there...dating?" He asked awkwardly as he followed me.

I hesitated with my answer. "You could say that." I said. "Wait —really?" Arisu asked. "I guess." I told him. We were now at the doors. "But don't go fucking around with him. He really won't hesitate to break your dick off." I said. "Don't worry. I wasn't planning to." He said. I smirked a bit.

We entered the room. "Do...I sit?" He asked me. I shrugged and took a seat next to Niragi. Everyone was already there, getting settled in. "Two of spades, six of spades, four of diamonds, two of clubs. We've collected all of them." Mira said, setting them down.

"Until now, we haven't found any face cards yet." She addressed, going over to sit in the middle of Niragi and Kuzuryu. "If face cards don't exist, then we're only left with the Ten of Hearts." Hatter said.